Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Up too late...

So I'm supposed to be finishing up some work before I head out of town for a little trip I'll be posting about later this week and I told myself that once I finished one part of my work, I would take a break and surf the internet. In my spare 5 minutes, I chose to view the CLASSIC Saturday Night Live commercial called "Mom Jeans." Some of you know exactly what I am talking about but if not, here is the MOM JEANS video link.

It's entirely funny in and of itself but has taken on greater significance for me since I've been on the hunt for some new summer capris and find that MOM JEAN styles are alive and well out there. Sad, but true.

Just in case you don't believe me, Exhibit A from a current mainstream retail website:

Exhibit A from the back:



It's a good laugh for me and I had to share!

*Disclaimer: If you own a similar pair of jeans, I don't mean they don't look great on you, I'm just saying they don't look good on anyone! I'll help you go shopping!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

That is still one of my favorite SNL commercials. I also loved the diaper thongs for babies. Couldn't find a clip, sorry.

Kali said...

I have to admit I've never seen that video before. HILARIOUS! I can't believe they are back!

Sarah S said...

Ew ew ew. If you ever see me in jeans like that Stacy, please tell me and take me shopping!

Genelle Powell said...

oh man! lol! that is funny! had to talk my mom out of those jeans several times now!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...