Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm a Closet Celeb Stalker!

So on Sunday, while playing outside with the kids, I ran into my neighbor who happened to mention that some friends of some friends were having a wedding reception at their house, just up the block and that my neighbor wouldn't be surprised to see helicopters flying overhead to catch the event. Wouldn't you be curious???

So I asked why helicopters would be in the area and she told me that it was a small PRIVATE reception for Ashley Simpson and her new husband, Pete Wentz!

I'm no big Ashley Simpson fan and I probably couldn't tell you any names of any Fallout Boys songs but hey, this is a small-ish town and that's big news!

Sure enough, on our way home from dinner at our friend's place later that evening, I drove past the house my neighbor told me about and the reception was in full swing but no paparazzi.

When we arrived home, I made Matt strap Quinton into the jogging stroller and Matt even came with me to "support" my "hobby"! We then walked past the house about 5 times and I even stood around and chatted with some 12 year old girls but I was super-bummed because I never did see Ashley or Pete. We finally went back home when we could no longer fight off the rabid mosquitoes!

Here's a picture of my stalker-shot of the house.

5 comments:

Sarah S said...

gotta love the north shore events!! that's crazy that they got married so close to your house.

Beckie said...

I am SO glad you took a walk to see the reception!
I think I am a closet fall out boy fan! Miss M and I LOOOVEE thanks for the memories!

Kali said...

MAN I wish you would've got a pic. How exciting!

rachel said...

seriously, could you do any more fun things?! NY, Chicago, San Diego, Stalking?! I wish you would move back to Utah and take me with you!

Kathy Russell said...

ah, well, you'll just hafta' settle for your pix with buddy "Tye"...Mr. Hunakalicious...

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...