Friday, June 27, 2008

Summertime Blues

Despite my last post about delish cookies, when it gets hot and humid, like now, I don't like to cook! Who could blame me? I feel like I spend all day cleaning and then don't get too excited every night around 5:00 thinking about what's for dinner.
Matt, being the understanding dear husband that he is, humored me on Wednesday night and we walked into 'downtown' of our little village to a new Argentinian-inspired restaurant called "Depot Nuevo, fresh fare...latin flare."
In our little town, on a Wednesday evening, there was a 20 minute wait! Funny! So Quinton had to find ways to amuse himself:

Even after we were seated, we still had to find ways to amuse Quinton and I think Matt did a great job!
Little Purple Riding Hood, Quinton:

This was Matt's attempt at making Quinton a pirate. Quinton thought he was hilarious!


And finally, no walk with Quinton is any easy one. Quinton will spend the first 5 minutes of a walk in his strolling device, and then, it's Quinton walking and stopping from there! Every time we go past this rock, too, Quinton loves to stop and play on it! So far, the owners of the rock have not said anything to us! Thank goodness!

I do love summer for playing outside but for cooking? I could take it or leave it (translation= take out or delivery!)

5 comments:

Kali said...

I LOVE the pic of Quinton as a pirate. SO CUTE!! How was the restaurant? I love trying new places. Can't wait to try your cookies sometime!

Smalliver said...

I also had a rock when I used to walk with my mommy as a wee one. I love it!

Beckie said...

great pictures!
cooking in the hot humid - or just hot - the thought of turning in oven on blah! for sure!
I am all about salads! or take out or delivery ; )

Beckie said...

and I love your new blog look!

Crystal said...

Looks like y'all are having a great time. I have made those cookies before and they ARE delish!

I'm with you when it comes to cooking in the summer! Not a fan myself!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...