Thursday, June 12, 2008

I Heart New York!

Soooo, can you guess where I am?
NYC, baby!
A friend called me up this week and we've been talking about going to NYC since our birthdays about a month ago. Her aunt has a hotel time share membership and has tried to get my friend to take advantage of some of her points so my friend, Erin, finally took advantage of her aunt's kindness and called me up to go to NYC this weekend!

It's been a bit of a whirlwind trying to work out who would watch Quinton and someone to teach my primary class in church on Sunday, but it all worked out and here we are!

We arrived at about 6:45 to our hotel, which is right near Times Square. As soon as we could drop off our stuff, we headed out and started walking to Times Square just to take in all the sights, sounds and city life. I love this city! I used to live a couple of blocks from Times Square, back before I was married, and I miss the city life just a teency bit, even though I really enjoy Chicago!

Erin and I had a SO tasty cuban dinner off of 7th Avenue at a place called Havanas. There was a live salsa band and even a LOUD New Yorker sitting next to us who wouldn't stop talking to us! It's nice to know the city doesn't change much!


Tomorrow, we plan on enjoying a lot of the sights ~sans kids~ and doing a little shopping. I'm excited to see what this weekend has in store for us!

The picture to the right is the giant M&M store in Times Square. I have never seen so much product merchandising in my life! There are THREE floors of everything M&Ms including the giant Wall O' M&Ms! You might think after seeing all of those M&Ms, I might have a craving but it was actually M&M overload, so I have been 100% M&M free for today.









1 comment:

Erin said...

That sounds like so much fun!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...