Matt and I both agree music is important in our lives and that we need to instill this in Quinton at a young age. Soooo, we were lucky enough to snag some James Taylor tickets at an outdoor concert venue nearby called Ravinia. When we lived here before, we LOVED going to Ravinia, so we are excited to bring Quinton and share with him our love of music.
James Taylor is a classic musician and no matter how old or young you are, his music captures you and tells a story. Too bad this is as close as I got to 'seeing' James Taylor! We had lawn tickets, which was GREAT for picnicking but not great for taking pictures.
In this photo, I tried to do the crowd justice to illustrate just how big of a deal these concerts are but you can't even see half of the people!
By now, Matt and I are practically professional picnickers at Ravinia. We have our requisite "Ravinia" table complete with gourmet food to nosh. Quinton loved chilling out and wrestling with me and Matt. Several of our picnic neighbors also commented on enjoying Quinton's antics.
Quinton enjoyed dancing and jumping off of the picnic table. Here he is, about to take off onto me!
We were able to stay for quite a bit of the show but Quinton wilted fast after his sugar buzz from his Sprite wore off. We had a great time, though and can't wait to go to more concerts this summer! I hear there are still some Beach Boys tickets left!
3 comments:
What a SWEET opportunity! Beach Boys sound like fun, too. Your vacation to San Diego looked like it was a BLAST! I would like to move there "NOW" (as you put it), too. This crazy Tulsa weather is driving me nuts! Glad you had a fun trip with your family.
ok can you believe I have lived here about 10 years and not made a Ravina trip!?!?! I know everyone has so much fun, not sure why I have missed the boat - and oh there are SO many other things Chicago-y that I have not done yet either...
Hi Stacy and Matt!
How are you guys?
We miss you!
Love your blog and pictures
Love
RAquel Call
Post a Comment