Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fools - Chicago Style!

Yesterday was BEYOND gorgeously warm and sunny!
Chicago set a temperature record with a high of 83 degrees, which meant that we were warmer than Miami, San Diego and Honolulu! How's that for awesome?
The only thing is that after surviving at least 6 Chicago winters, I know it's too good to be true! I wouldn't put it past our weather to have a blizzard in June, so we made the most of yesterday's weather, even if it did seem like nature's own April Fools joke!
Our friends invited us to the beach for the afternoon. It sounded VERY odd since only last week we were bundled up but it turned out to be the perfect place to spend such a glorious day.
Don't these kiddos look happy to be outside and playing in the sand???
Quinton loves to make rock "co-wections"and yesterday, he was in rock heaven!
This is Ethan R., he and his sister are twins and they are so adorable. Their mom and I are two days apart in our pregnancies but she's having twin girls, so I'm betting she'll have her babies before I have junior! At least I hope so, for her sake!

Here's Holland R., she looks like a supermodel in this picture with her cute hair blowing in the wind.
After the beach, we hit McDonald's for dinner and Quinton was so excited about the Dragon toys since we saw the movie last weekend and he LOVED it! He looks pretty awesome in the viking happy meal hat and his Star Trek shirt!
So Mother Nature, bring on the snow! Yesterday AND today are worth it!

No comments:

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...