Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nesting = Monkey Love

At 33 weeks pregnant, my nesting instincts are in full swing!
Trouble is, we rent our house so there's no use in painting or doing any elaborate decorating of the baby's room - who will actually be sharing a room with his big brother, Quinton, anyway.
So I was able to fulfill my nesting instinct by sewing up a few things.
I saw these really cute cloth diapers turned into burp cloths on Etsy.com and figured it wouldn't be too hard to do it on my own. I ordered the cute fabric here and bought the cloth diapers at Target, 12 diapers for about $16. I found a really easy tutorial to follow at Chickpea Sewing Studio and voila! Here are my cute creations!
Here's the full effect:
Did you notice the cute baby shoes, too?
Yep, I became super confident in my sewing skillz and decided to give these a whirl. They weren't easy (for me) but they are totally adorable! Here's the tutorial for the shoes at Family Centered. I can't wait for our little baby boy to arrive and use my nesting creations!

Now that these are done, I'm wondering what to do next...any suggestions???

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Wow! I am sooo impressed Stacy! You are really good! They are so cute! We still have the belts you made for Jack. And get this, They STILL fit him! :)

Leann Jester said...

Wow, great job! I love the shoes. I wish I knew how to sew. I love the monkey theme.

Liz said...

Very crafty and cute! Have you decided on a name yet for the baby boy #2? Exciting times!!

Cynthia Z said...

what fantastic ideas stacy! I definitely know now what my next mini projects are going to be! I especially like the burp cloth idea since I go through 6 or so of those a day- why not have some cute ones! :)

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...