Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cowabunga Baby!

A new sight on the landscape of the Wasatch Front via I-15 is a colorful and bright waterpark that Quinton pointed out to me at least 100 times during our vacation in Utah. One sunny day, I finally relented and took my niece, Sara, and Quinton to the famed Cowabunga Bay!
One of the major pluses was that both kids were free since they were "3 and under."
Sara and Quinton were completely happy to ignore the slides and two giant tipping buckets and frolic in the kiddie pool. Both of them did THOROUGHLY enjoy themselves in the lazy river.
The picture below is a shot of the slides and buckets in the main part of the park.
Another main attraction for Quinton and Sara were their ice cream cones that came complete with 'sunburns'. The sunburned part was funny because they sprinkled reddish/orangeish sugar dust on the ice cream which made them really look like the cones had sunburns!

Here is Sara enjoying her sunburned chocolate cone!
Quinton wearing his cone...
Our self-portrait of silliness!
Quinton suprised me and actually braved the kiddie slide.
Once he went down the first time, though, he never wanted to go back to the kiddie pool. He must have gone down this slide a couple of dozen times!
And this was Quinton after about 4.5 hours at Cowabunga Bay.
He looks like he's having a great day!
I think we might make this an annual stop on our Utah summer vacations!

2 comments:

Shana said...

I just got done reading through your last three to four post, and it looks like you all are having a blast this summer!
Quinton is a lucky little boy to have two such cool parents like you guys! You are fun, fun, fun! I want you as my parents! :)

Stacy said...

we have four free tickets we haven't used yet, my kids are begging me to go!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...