Friday, October 22, 2010

Alabama or Bust!

To whine that we have been busy these past few weeks and more so, the past few days, would be a gross misrepresentation of what has been happening in our lives! I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were to regale you with all of the goings on that have been going on!
Instead, however, I will share with you a delicious picture of the preciousness we call Sawyer:
The eyelashes.
The smile.
The love.
Here we were, enjoying our final full day in Utah at the Dinosaur Park in Ogden. It was a glorious fall day...one not to be forgotten for a while!

And here's our new adventure!
Monday, the truck will arrive with all of our worldly posessions, or what's left of them after THREE garage sales in Chicago. Today, though, we signed the lease on this cute-as-a-button house in Mobile, Alabama.
And this is a COTTON bale.
In my 34 years, I don't recall ever seeing a bale of cotton...have you?

And tyo pass some time today while waiting for the lease agent, we drove to Dauphin Island about 20 minutes away from where we live. Check out the houses on stilts!
The beaches on Dauphin Island are VERY nice, not what I expected from Alabama, so I hope to post lots of pictures of us at the beach whilst our Chicago and Utah friends freeze their tushies off this winter.

2 comments:

Kali said...

What an exciting adventure! :) The cotton bale is CRAZY!

Sarah S said...

Your new place looks great!! And your text earlier today made my day. Nope, no m'aams or sirs in Chicago... Q is going to have the cutest accent and manners!!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...