Monday, April 5, 2010

A Great Weekend for Bugs & Bunnies!

Matt has been ITCHING to take Quinton camping this year so this being the first nice weekend, he packed up the car and his little buddy and off they went to Starved Rock, a state park about 2 hours away near Utica, Illinois.
Luckily, I was able to stay home and gestate, peacefully, while watching some chick flicks.
Here is Quinton squished in between ALL of the equipment needed for an overnighter!
This is Quinton hanging out, waiting for breakfast near the campfire.
Quinton informed me that Matt made some delicious cinnamon rolls in the dutch oven...FANCY!
I suppose this is a hike they went on Saturday morning when it was a little rainy.
Easter morning, Quinton was so excited to find that the Easter bunny had left candy eggs hidden all over the house! Quinton at one point exclaimed, "MOM, HE PUT ONE IN MY CROCS!" Quinton kept chuckling about this the rest of the day.
Can you tell he's excited?
And what's an Easter breakfast without jelly bean pancakes?
I don't know but we sure did enjoy these colorful morsels!
We had such an unseasonably nice Easter Sunday here that we decided to have a picnic for lunch in between General Conference sessions for church.
We hope you all had a wonderful Easter!
Not that I was hoping for an Easter surprise to be born yesterday but I'm hoping this little boy will do me a favor like his older brother did and come a teeny bit early because my feet are getting B-I-G!

1 comment:

Sarah S said...

I love that shot of Quinton squished in the back of the car with all of the camping gear. It looks like they had fun! I like Q's Easter bucket too.

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...