Quinton had a friend over today for a playdate and was sent to timeout at one point for throwing Hungry Hippo marbles at his friend. When Quinton's four minutes were up, I asked his friend to go and get him.
His friend came back and said that Quinton was tired and that his throat hurt. Quinton has had the sniffles the past couple of days so I went to check on him. When I went into his room, he was laying in bed with all four of his blankies covering him.
I sat on the edge of the bed and asked him if his throat hurt.
Quinton: No, my heart hurts.
Me: Your heart? How does it hurt?
Quinton: You broke it.
Me: I broke your heart?
Quinton: Yeah, because you yelled at me.
I didn't even yell at him, I just told him firmly to go to his room for 4 minutes of timeout because "we don't throw marbles at our friends." But Quinton is such a tender heart, he really has a hard time knowing he's in trouble.
I asked him a little bit later if his heart was still broken.
He thought for a second and said, "No. I think it's all better."
That makes me feel better, too.

5 comments:
Soooo sweet!
LOL, that is funny stuff. You could not be mean to that child if you tried. He has you wrapped around his finger =)
To be honest, I wasn't sure wether to laugh or cry with you! What a little cutie pie- I am glad his heart isn't broken anymore :)
Poor Quinton! I'm glad Quinton's heart doesn't hurt anymore :)
Elijah basically laughs at me when I try to put him in time out. At least Quinton knows that time outs are not good!
Post a Comment