Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow Day!

It's not unusual to wake up to new snow in Illinois so today I decided to enjoy it rather than be bothered by it!
So I bundled Quinton and me up and headed outside.
Here is Quinton trying to jump on the trampoline. There was so much snow weighing it down, it was hard for him to jump. I ended up shoveling the snow off while I shoveled the back porch, too.
Here is Quinton, stuck!
It was just like in the movie, A Christmas Story, where the kid falls down and is so bundled up, he can't get up after falling. Yep, that happened to Quinton and like any good mom, I had to take a few pictures before helping him up!
Quinton also discovered the taste of snow today. He said, "Mom, it tastes like ice cream!"
Unfortunately, I did not adequately explain the perils of yellow snow, though, and caught Quinton about to taste some yummy yellow snow left by our neighbor's dogs!
At least I THINK I caught him before he tasted it...
And I just figured I might as well toot my own horn and show off some of my shoveling skills:
And to give you folks in warm places a good reason to stay put, here is the front of our house:
Quinton and I had a good time playing in the snow but Quinton decided his hands were too cold, since he took off his gloves to thoroughly enjoy his "ice cream" snow treat.
Silly boy!

2 comments:

Melisa said...

Love the Christmas story picture. ;)

I'm in love with my snowblower.

Lindsay said...

Good times

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...