Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Holidays!
This was a low-key holiday season for us. We did a lot of traveling last year and this year, we decided to stay home and enjoy the holidays with friends and lots of snow here, in Chicago.
This was also the first year was really into Christmas, which has been a lot of fun for me and Matt. Unfortunately, our one encounter with Santa this year was disastrous and Quinton wouldn't go near him so I don't even have one of those screaming kid pictures of Quinton sitting on Santa's lap. Quinton wouldn't go near the jolly dude in red, no way, no how!
Some of Quinton's Christmas highlights include Tinkertoys, Hot Wheels, candy, a trampoline and lots of toys from grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins! Quinton couldn't decide what to look at first when he came out of his room, Christmas morning but he was able to get into a good groove of opening his presents and then opening mine and Matt's! Even today, he wanted me to wrap up one of his toys just so he could open it!
Christmas Eve, our friends the Christensens, had us and another family over for a yummy ham dinner. After dinner, each family did a little 'performance' for the other families. The Christensen's played some great music on the piano, the Lunds belted out Little Drummer Boy and Matt read How the Grinch Stole Christmas. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a good laugh or two.
Below is Quinton playing the piano. The look of concentration on his face make it look like he's actually playing!
Here is Quinton's favorite Christmas present so far.

There is an enclosure to go around the trampoline to prevent people from falling off of the edges but Matt is waiting for a warm day to put that part of it up and I don't blame him, it has been soo cold here!
Despite the cold, Quinton has been able to enjoy his trampoline, plenty. I can't wait until it gets warmer and we can jump for longer periods of time. Matt is looking forward to stargazing on the trampoline in the summer months.

Yesterday, Quinton and I heard on the news that people could go and check out the hockey rink built in Wrigley Field for the big Chicago BlackHawks v. Detroit Redwings game. Thanks to my dad's GPS gift to me, Quinton and I zipped down to Wrigley Field only to find out we couldn't go inside Wrigley to see the rink. There were LOTS of people around the stadium, though, getting ready for the game. It was pretty cold so we didn't stick around too long. Oh well, we tried!

3 comments:

Sarah S said...

How fun that you got a trampoline!!! It looks like you had a fabulous Christmas.

Leann Jester said...

Happy New Year! Tell Matt Happy Birthday. Any Plan's for the big day? I wish you still lived down the street. My girls love tramplines. But I guess I can just wait for the next big storm to come and have my neighbors trampoline in my yard AGAIN! Miss you all.

Melisa said...

I grew up on a trampoline! Oh, the memories!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...