Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Potty Training Success!

Thus far, I have done pretty well not sharing all of the gory details involved in potty training, but I just can't help but share Quinton's big potty training success!
Back in September/October, I made a couple of charts for Quinton to help him see his progress in certain areas. I made a morning chore chart, an evening chore chart and a potty chore chart seen here:
And it's all filled out!
As you can see, there are a lot of squares for the little smiley faces and it has taken us a long time to fill them all up but he did it!
Yay, Quinton!
Quinton was motivated by the promise that once he filled his chart up, we would take him to his all-time favortite hang-out...Chuck E. Cheese's!
Here he is SO excited to go last night:

Quinton wasted no time challening his old man to a competitive game of air hockey. Quinton, of course, had the advantage of being the same height as the table...it helps position the puck just right for goal-scoring!Quinton on one of his favorite rides...One the ride, again...

The picture worth framing, Mr. Cheese, himself, with the potty chart!

So no gory details, just a mom's prideful boasting!

12 comments:

Mike, Jess, Elijah, Julia and Amelie said...

Yay!!! Congratulations! You are so good at making charts - I still need to get the one you keep for meal planning. Charts are a great idea and when Elijah starts potty-training I'll have to remember.

Leann Jester said...

Congtatulations Quinton! Although I think you enjoyed Going to Chuck E Cheeses as much as Quinton. Is he potty trained at night to?

Stacy said...

Congrats! Potty training is a big feat for both you and Quinton! Way to go!

rachel said...

Congrats Quinton... and Stacy! I will be sending Bryce out shortly... how long will you need him to get his potty chart full of smiley faces?!

Sarah S said...

So cute!! I'm glad Quinton was so excited to fill his chart. Whoo hoo!! I'm really not looking forward to the day when we start potty training Eli (but I have a feeling it's still a ways away :)

Melisa said...

Way to go, Quinton!

Did I tell you I have a nephew named Quinton now? I love that name.

Lindsay said...

Yeah Quinton!

Christie and Dane said...

Oh happy day!!! That is such a huge feat!!! Tell Matt that Dane is thinking of getting a cell phone so he can keep in better contact with him and his other friends. By the time he gets home we eat dinner, put the kids to bed, go to bed ourselves, and do it all again. But with a cell he can call on his ride home, well, except for the days he rides his bike, crazy nut! Anyway, just wanted to say hi and thanks for the Christmas card! We might shoot for Valentines.

Erin said...

Congratulations Quinton.

Tara said...

Yeah Quinton! Stacy, you know Chuck E. Cheese is your favorite place too! I have to admit it is fun being a mom and getting to do all the fun things kids do again.

Tara said...

Yeah Quinton! Stacy, you know Chuck E. Cheese is your favorite place too! I have to admit it is fun being a mom and getting to do all the fun things kids do again.

Shana said...

Stacy-email me your brother's info and a picture of him. I will send it onto my sister. Maybe we can plant a seed of love? :)

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...