Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Almost Roadkill...

Poor Quinton made the gruesome discovery this morning!
As Quinton and Miss M stepped out of the car this morning for preschool, I was hurrying them to step onto the sidewalk and off of the road and when Quinton stopped and said "Mom, lookit!" I thought it was just another shiny object distracting Quinton's attention from what he should have been doing when I looked over to where he was pointing and saw the saddest little puppy ever!
This poor dog was frozen almost flat with mud, leaves and ice all over it's poor furry body. My initial shock was worsened when I realized that this was Quinton's stuffed BOLT dog we'd been looking for for almost 2 weeks now! I even asked Matt if he's seen it in his car last night because I'd looked everywhere!
Lucky for me, Quinton didn't recognize BOLT under all of that crap, so I picked BOLT up and threw him in the back of the car, not sure if he was salvageable.
After dropping off of the kids and heading straight home, I quickly went to work trying to revive this beloved dog, all the while having flashbacks of the movie Toy Story, where toys are alive when no one is watching and they know what's going on around them. It made me sad to think BOLT was lying in the cold and muddy gutter for almost two weeks!
It's weird, though, by the look on his face, he didn't mind the inconvenience one bit :)
After a full dousing of Spray N' Wash and TWO cycles by himself in the washing machine, I knew I had saved this dog's life!
Now, I can believe the smile on his face!
When Quinton got home today and saw BOLT sitting on his chair, waiting for him, Quinton picked him up and hugged him and never let Bolt leave his side until dinner!
I have to give a big shout out to the Disney Company for making a COMPLETELY washable plush toy! They totally saved by bacon! Our local Disney store has been sold out of BOLT paraphernalia for weeks so there was no replacing BOLT without paying a pretty penny!
Dreams really do come true, y'all!

13 comments:

Melisa said...

No way that is the same dog. Seriously?! That is amazing.

I'm just so glad it wasn't a real puppy!

Mostess Mommy said...

Yep, same puppy, no lie! I was glad it wasn't a real animal, too! This would have been a MUCH different post if that were the case!

Sarah S said...

That is SO funny Stacy!! I am totally impressed you washed that dog two times and he came out so well. I'll have to show the pictures to Eli - he LOVED the Bolt dog when we saw it in the downtown Disney store the day before Thanksgiving. He was dragging one of them all over the place, introducing Bolt to the other toys. Quinton is one lucky kid!!

Hezstone said...

Okay..you have found your new career field...STUFFED ANIMAL RESCUE! Come do my laundry!! LOL.
Love and miss ya, Hez xx

Erin said...

I can't believe that is the same puppy. You need to write to Spray and Wash and get yourself an endorsement with them. That's Amazing!

Melisa said...

You have some mad skillz, girl. ;)

Krazy Khania said...

HOLY CRAP! I love spray-n-wash!! I wish Evy's poor Lambie could recover that well but after you've been thrown up on more than a dozen times what are you gonna do?
Good for you (and Bolt!)

Leann Jester said...

Great Job! Are you looking for a part time job? I could use the help. Madalynn is very messy =)
I love the new back ground on your blog by the way! Merry Christmas.

Beckie said...

I am super impressed at the transformation!!! hooray for spray and wash and a washable plush toy!!!

SO glad it was bolt and not a real puppy that would have been sad.

And thanks so much AGAIN for picking up Miss M and bringing her home while I sat waiting to NOT be picked for Jury duty!

Genelle Powell said...

okay that is funny. You are a better woman than I, I would probably have left the poor dog on the side of the road!

Tara said...

Wow, so glad that Quinton found his favorite stuffed animal, and that you were able to resuscitate him. What a lucky kid! I often wonder what falls out of my car when opening the door an is never seen again. "Honey have you seen my....?"

Nate and Steph & Brooke said...

That is freaking amazing! I love the pictures and the story!

Terina Dee said...

Hey! That is so incredible! I can't add anything because everyword has been echoed by other comments! NO WAY! CLEAN! I've gotta pass this around!!!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...