Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanks for visiting, Silly Grandpa!

I can say with 100% accuracy that Matt, Quinton and I had a great time with my dad in town!
Not only was it a HUGE blessing for my dad to be with me when Quinton whacked his head at the Museum, he was so fun to have around! I love my dad! He is the best dad, ever! I know some people might think they have the best dad, but it's only because you might not have met my dad, yet! I love both of my parents for the lessons they have taught me and their talents they have passed on to me.
Someone recently asked if I thought I was more like my mom or my dad and I have to say that I think I am a good mix of both of them. I do love my dad's sense of humor, his easy going nature, his talent for acting like a kid and having kids love him almost instantly. I was really sad to drop him off at the airport. I wish he could have stayed a month or two!
As an early Christmas present, I treated my dad to a night out on the town! The town of Waukegan, that is! I used to work as a fundraiser for a theater that was under renovation in Waukegan, IL. When we moved to Arizona in 2004, we missed the grand opening by a few months and I'd never seen the theater fully renovated.
Lucky for me, the weekend my dad was in town, the Genesee Theatre was hosting Bob Newhart. Some of you may not know who Bob Newhart is but I remember, as a kid, my dad laughing at the Bob Newhart show. This was a real treat for Matt, me and my Dad to go and see Bob Newhart live! I think Matt and I were the youngest in the audience by about 25 years, though!

The weekend my dad was in town, there was no snow but it was VERY cold. My dad said he forgot just how cold Chicago can be, especially with wind whipping at you!
We literally drove up to these photo opportunities, jumped out, took a picture and jumped back in the car, it was so cold!
What is a trip to Chicago without visiting the silver Jelly Bean!
If you've known me for a while, you might remember that my dad won a smile contest on a Utah radio station, where he lives. He was chosen to receive $30,000 in dental work to fix his smile. You can tell from these pictures that he loves to smile again and he really has a sparkly smile, now!

Love you, Dad!

1 comment:

Sarah S said...

Your dad's smile is great!! And I am laughing that you went up to the beautiful town of Wauk-town... you weren't too far from my familia!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...