Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We Voted!

I have to say that it was very exciting to live in Chicago during this election season. I won't tell you who we voted for because this isn't that kind of blog, but we did make a point of taking Quinton with us to show him that we are active participants in our country's democratic process. That and Matt and I both have degrees in Political Science and we are kind of nerdy about the whole thing.
Quinton lucked out because our polling place had a playground right on the way in so Matt and I took turns playing with him while the other voted.

After voting, I found out that Ben & Jerry's, among other places, was giving out free ice cream cones to people who voted. So we HAD to go and snag free ice cream cones!
Quinton's face is classic! he looks like he won the lottery with this ice cream cone at 7 o'clock at night!
Matt is still a little bummed we didn't go down to Grant Park for the big celebration because it's such a historic period that we are lucky to see during our lifetime. When I saw how many people were on TV at Grant park, there was no way I was going down there, though!

No comments:

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...