All aboard the Stacy Train!
Like me, do you ever see something in a store or online and think, "I could make that cheaper and cuter than that!" Well, I actually made something! Two somethings to be exact!
I, unlike my lovely mother-in-law, am NOT a master seamstress when it comes to using a sewing machine. I just like to 'try' stuff and hope it turns out okay. So I just have to share my two projects:
My super creative friend in Tulsa, Sascha, made her daughter the CUTEST aprons that were so girly and fun that even Quinton enjoyed wearing them! So I thought I would attempt to make one like hers for a friend's birthday (see two posts down). Sascha's were even cute but I think I did okay for a first timer!
Sorry if the picture is hard to see but Quinton refused to model this apron! I am so excited it turned out cute - not perfect - but cute! The pink swatch on the front makes two pockets.
Thanks for looking!
This is an "Art Mat" I made!
I saw one at the Land of Nod store and it wasn't cheap. So I thought, I can make that! And I did! The material is kind of like a vinyl tablecloth. Lucky for me, there is a big fabric store near here that has this vinyl in some fun prints. I even used the blue gingham vinyl shown in this picture on the back of the apron I made above. That way, any big spills won't seep onto the clothing behind it! So clever, eh?
The art mat was pretty easy to make and is VERY helpful since Quinton's creativity involves a lot of messes!
9 comments:
If you do decide to sell them, I would totally buy that cupcake apron! Calet would love it!
very impressive!! I love the art mat - it totally looks like the land of nod version.
You are AMAZING Stacy!! They turned out GREAT!!
are you sure this is Stacy's Blog??? Remember when you put together that bookcase?! We were so proud... now sewing?! Amazing! I need to find out how you did that mat.
Stacey, how I miss you? Just wanted you to know the Harker family is missed in Oklahoma! I read your blog all the time, you are so hilarious!
Genelle
Wow, I'm impressed! Of course not surprised..you have mad skills in just about everything you do! They turned out great! I'll have to try to do something like that!
Sarah would like an apron, how much?
So glad the Harker's have a blog! Now we can keep tabs on you. We have a blog too, I'll send you an invite.
Cute family! Call us next time you are in Utah.
I want to make one too!
Post a Comment