Okay, I'm only sort-of kidding.
32
There, I said it and it will probably be the last birthday where I admit my real age. One of my good friends, who will remain nameless to keep her sham going but I will call Boom-Boom, tells her 'new' friends she's 29, but she's really my age - or will be in about 6 weeks. Too bad I knew too many people here in Chicago when we moved back to start such a lie, but it would have been fun!
My b-day was last week, April 29th.
It's not just the number, it's the fact that I wake up sore when the most exercise I did the day before was cleaning the house! But I tell myself that it is a BIG house.
Anyway, I want to say thanks to all of my friends and family who I talked to or heard from or received something in the mail from...it was a great birthday!
I started out the day hunting down treasures in Winnetka's Spring Clean Up days and then met my friend Erin S. for brunch at one of the best pancake houses in the world, Walker Brothers. She treated Quinton and me to a super delish brunch. She had her little girl, Sophia with her and I honestly think Quinton has a crush on her.
Then, Quinton and I went home, where he was nice enough to play trains with me and let me be the conductor once!
Then, towards the end of the day, a friend sent me an email reminding me it was Ben & Jerry's Customer Appreciation Day and they were giving out free ice cream cones! So of course, I put Quinton in the car and drove to the nearest Ben & Jerry's! Too bad for Quinton he fell asleep and stayed asleep as I stood in line for 10 minutes to get my cone. I told the girl scooping the ice cream that he was being shy and proceeded to order Quinton a scoop in a cup (free). Even though it was my birthday, I didn't eat both scoops, I saved Quinton's scoop for Matt who was at home when we got back.
After my ice cream, I met up with Erin S. at a massage place where she treated us both to one hour massages! That was pure heaven. PURE HEAVEN, I say!
In case any of you are thinking you need a friend like Erin S., BACK OFF, she's all mine! :)
Then, I met Quinton and Matt for dinner at a Japanese place we'd been recommended to and it was soooo yummy! I barely had room, afterwards, for my requisite piece of Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, but I managed to eat a small piece!
Later, I saw that my friend, Mrs. R, had put a shout out for my birthday on her blog, which I LOVED. It was so sweet along with all the other well wishes from friends and family, I didn't mind turning a year older to realize that I am beyond blessed in the friends and family department! Thanks everyone!
Here are some fun pictures:
32
There, I said it and it will probably be the last birthday where I admit my real age. One of my good friends, who will remain nameless to keep her sham going but I will call Boom-Boom, tells her 'new' friends she's 29, but she's really my age - or will be in about 6 weeks. Too bad I knew too many people here in Chicago when we moved back to start such a lie, but it would have been fun!
My b-day was last week, April 29th.
It's not just the number, it's the fact that I wake up sore when the most exercise I did the day before was cleaning the house! But I tell myself that it is a BIG house.
Anyway, I want to say thanks to all of my friends and family who I talked to or heard from or received something in the mail from...it was a great birthday!
I started out the day hunting down treasures in Winnetka's Spring Clean Up days and then met my friend Erin S. for brunch at one of the best pancake houses in the world, Walker Brothers. She treated Quinton and me to a super delish brunch. She had her little girl, Sophia with her and I honestly think Quinton has a crush on her.
Then, Quinton and I went home, where he was nice enough to play trains with me and let me be the conductor once!
Then, towards the end of the day, a friend sent me an email reminding me it was Ben & Jerry's Customer Appreciation Day and they were giving out free ice cream cones! So of course, I put Quinton in the car and drove to the nearest Ben & Jerry's! Too bad for Quinton he fell asleep and stayed asleep as I stood in line for 10 minutes to get my cone. I told the girl scooping the ice cream that he was being shy and proceeded to order Quinton a scoop in a cup (free). Even though it was my birthday, I didn't eat both scoops, I saved Quinton's scoop for Matt who was at home when we got back.
After my ice cream, I met up with Erin S. at a massage place where she treated us both to one hour massages! That was pure heaven. PURE HEAVEN, I say!
In case any of you are thinking you need a friend like Erin S., BACK OFF, she's all mine! :)
Then, I met Quinton and Matt for dinner at a Japanese place we'd been recommended to and it was soooo yummy! I barely had room, afterwards, for my requisite piece of Baskin Robbins ice cream cake, but I managed to eat a small piece!
Later, I saw that my friend, Mrs. R, had put a shout out for my birthday on her blog, which I LOVED. It was so sweet along with all the other well wishes from friends and family, I didn't mind turning a year older to realize that I am beyond blessed in the friends and family department! Thanks everyone!
Here are some fun pictures:
At the park on Sunday, enjoying all that spring has to offer!
Quinton wearing a birthday present from my mother-in-law to me...don't worry, he hated wearing it!
Matt and Quinton hanging out.
Prince Q of Burger King. He is growing up so fast. I'll be sad when HE turns 32!!!
Post Script - It was a year ago, on April 30th, that Quinton and I were in a car accident. A woman ran a red light as Quinton and I were driving home from swim class. Matt was out of town and it was a really scary accident. Quinton and I were okay, but last Wednesday, on the 'anniversary', I really had to stop and thank Heavenly Father for keeping Quinton and I safe that day and for all of the blessings he's given to my family. Just wanted to share that with all of you.
3 comments:
I really am 29!! It's 2005 ... right?!
Happy "late" birthday!! I'm glad you had such a GREAT day!
I CANNOT believe your scavenging skills. You are really making a haul this year!! It might be worth a flight up there to visit if I can find a Britax carseat for Cedi!! :) I can't believe people throw that stuff away. I'm glad you pick it up and put it to use!!
Happy Birthday Stacy, you are celebrated! And younger than me:)
Post a Comment