Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Week in Pictures

I hate to brag (or complain) but it seems like there's never a dull moment around our place. If I'm not working, playing with Quinton or prepping the house for a showing, there's any number of other things that pop up! One such thing was a FUN visit from Matt's second oldest brother, Shon, from Utah. Shon had some business to conduct in Chicago so we had the opportunity to host him this past weekend.

In preparation for Shon's visit, I thought it would be fun to take him out for a night on the town in Chicago. We secured a babysitter for about a GAZILLION dollars an hour (not really but they charge a lot more here than in Tulsa!) and tickets to Second City ETC for Friday night. Unfortunately for us, Shon was able to schmooze with a client Friday night and Matt and I ended up going on our FIRST REAL DATE since we moved here! The Second City show was so much fun! It is nice to sit in a room and laugh with lots of people...it makes you realize how much you don't laugh on a regular basis. Plus, my little brother, Jeff, is going to comedy school in LA at the Groundlings and I imagine he does skits and shows like the one we saw on Friday night. My little brother is H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S! I'm not biased or anything but I do have it on good authority that a whole SHIP full of people thought he was worth staying up late to watch him do karaoke...and that's only his singing talent!
Matt and I at Second City:


Saturday mornings, Quinton and I go to his new gym class at the community center while Matt goes to play soccer or go for a bike ride. This past Saturday, Matt was able to play soccer with Shon and they had LOADS of fun playing too long!

Quinton playing on the various implements in his class:





Quinton also loves this cool pit of foam cubes:



Quinton is also very good on the rings and LOVES to have me roll him all over the gym in this little tube!






Saturday evening, Shon flew back to Utah where his wife and 5 kids were eagerly waiting for his return. We were sad to see him go and Quinton still asks where Shon is...

Sunday, we were lucky enough to be invited to dinner at a friends house. They are super cool and we had a great time. They have two little girls and a big trunk full of dress-ups...too bad Quinton loves to play dress-ups! These pictures go into a little file called "BLACKMAIL Q: To be opened when he is 16 and dating!"


Before you accuse me of scarring Quinton, I'll have you know, Matt was right by my side laughing and commenting how cute a little girl Harker would be if Quinton's style was any indication!

Last but not least, here are a few more pictures from this week:

The fancy pants McDonald's two towns over. The entire restaurant is wood, nice stone work, tile and stained glass. They even have CHANDELIERS! I kid you not!


Quinton concentrating on driving his car backwards...




And at the park today!





Well, I hope you enjoy the pictorial on the past week!
Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

Love the pictures! Your week does sound exhausting but fun. And I agree, the teenage babysitters charge a fortune! It makes me think I should have charged even more when I was nannying... let's think about this - a teenager for $10/hr, or a college graduate with years of experience for...$$? :)

Kali said...

What a FUN week! The pics are too cute. I'm glad you aren't bored up there! but then again you weren't bored in Tulsa and it's pretty boring here! I think you are just a better person and getting out and about! I enjoyed the pics!

Beckie said...

I LOVE the princess picture, he really would have been a pretty girl!
But he is the cutest and sweetest little boy! I sure have had fun with him this week too! and I love that I am mommybeka!!

Tara said...

That is cool that your brother will be with the groundlings. Stacy you are pretty funny too. It must run in the family. How are things in Chicago?
Tara

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...