One of our engagement pictures...
What is his name? Matthew James Harker
How long have we been married? 8 years on May 19th
How long did we date? I think our entire courtship from dating to marriage was 18 months.
How old is he? 33
Who eats more? Hmm, this one is hard because he eats out for lunch a lot these days but I tend to snack all day.
Who said I love you first? Matt did. He was so noncommittal about our relationship, I wanted to make sure he said it first.
Who is taller? Matt...barely...when I'm not wearing shoes.
Who sings better? Pfft, MATT.
Who is smarter? Depends on the subject. I am smart about worldly things and Matt is smarter when it comes to some books and the scriptures.
Whose temper is worse? I have the shorter temper, but when Matt does get mad, he gets MAD. Actually, when he gets really mad, it makes me laugh because he hardly ever gets that mad and it's funny to me. Bad habit, I know.
Who pays the bills? Me, but Matt pretends he likes to do the "budget".
Who does the laundry? Me, but that's because Matt was banned from laundry early in our marriage after turning a few of my favorite pieces into doll clothes.
Who cooks dinner? Me but Matt is AMAZING on the grill and makes great food when we are camping.
Who drives when together? Matt, and he would say that I am the worst back seat driver. I frequently have a death grip on the side handles.
Who is more stubborn? Me. I think Matt says yes just to avoid a "discussion".
Who is the first to admit when wrong? Matt. I'm always right!
Who wears the pants in the family? I think that I do.
Who mows the lawn? Hmm, Tulsa was our first lawn. Matt and I fought to mow the lawn because it's actually kind of relaxing.
Who kissed who first? Matt kissed me first, I think, but he waited until our THIRD date to kiss me.
Who asked who out first? I used school stuff as an excuse to meet up with Matt in Salt Lake and we ended up going to a movie together, dutch.
Who proposed? Matt - I have the radio recording of it!
What is my favorite thing about him? I love that Matt is my best friend. Our courtship was long distance 99% of the time which gave us the opportunity to spend hours talking and share lots of emails and letters. He is the first person and I want to talk to in the morning and the last person I share my thoughts with at night. He is understanding, patient and a great communicator. Plus, he's dead sexy in Hilti red!
I will tag Rebekeh, Sarah and Erin...can't wait to see your posts!
4 comments:
I loved reading those details - so fun! And that picture is so cute, was that your engagement pic? Maybe I'll do a condensed version (I feel like I've blogged too much this week - don't want to overload my readers :)
Cute!
...um...first husband?!
that's my question....first husband? Cute post though! You guys haven't changed much. Cute engagement pic!
AHH - I just read this and saw that you tagged me! I will respond and hopefully faster than the last time I was tagged!
Post a Comment