






Diaper Diaries
Day # 633
The bags under my eyes could tell a lot about what went on last night with the weather! Quinton and I didn't rest very well last night to say the least.
The bags under my eyes could tell a lot about what went on last night with the weather! Quinton and I didn't rest very well last night to say the least.
To set the background, Matt left Monday morning for Philadelphia. He'll be there through the week for work and then he heads to D.C. for the weekend and then back to Philly, coming home on Thursday, I think. So it's a long week for Quinton and me.
Monday and Tuesday went great. No biggie.
But Tuesday night, the clouds rolled in and stayed for a while. The light rain and wind started about 9pm. By 9:45, my dish network cable was out (it seems like if you sneeze the wrong way, it goes out). By 10pm, though, the power was flickering, the lightning flashes were so fast and furious, it looked like daylight outside. Then, the hail and the winds REALLY picked up. The family room was so noisy with the hail hitting the windows, the wind howling and the thunder shaking the house that I went in Quinton's room, where he had woken up and was crying a little but the noise outside was so loud I didn't hear him. I grabbed Quinton, my cell phone and a flashlight and shut us up in the master bathroom, the most interior room in the house.
Growing up in Florida, I've been through some pretty good storms. As a little girl, I HATED lightning and thunder. After a good overnight storm, my parents would find me either at the foot of their bed or one the floor of their room, without fail. This storm last night was one of those ones where I wished I could curl up at the foot of their bed again!
After about 10 minutes, the intensity of the storm subsided. I put Quinton to bed in my bed and then was finally able to watch the news. The weather man reported 45-50 mph winds in our area and up to 5.7 inches of rain in one hour! Apparently a lot of Tulsa was out of power but I was thankful ours was still working.
This morning, I took some friends to the airport and along the way we noticed there were cracked and downed trees all over. Some of the houses under construction in our neighborhood were blown to bits! One house had the a-frame roof set up yesterday, only to be knocked down like a row of dominoes by the storm. My neighbor called shortly after I returned from the airport and asked me if I'd seen the damage to my house. Huh??? So I went outside and sure enough, some of the siding had been torn from the house. The neighbor was calling because a large chunk of her siding had come off, too.
Quinton and I took a walk this morning and here are some of the pictures of what was left this morning. He's taking a nap now, after finding a worm and lots of mud to play with, earlier....ah, the joys of being a mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment