
Diaper Diaries
Day #639
What a lovely weekend, since there were no weather anomalies to send Quinton and I running for the refuge of the bathroom! Although, there was plenty of rain! Saturday morning, we woke up to thunder and rain...it made for a lazy morning of cartoons, pancakes and sausage... Quinton's favorite. After his nap, though, the sun was shining and the mud was rich! Instead of donning swimsuits and playing in the mud as Matt suggested, we headed out to run a few errands and then we hit my favorite place...Chuck E' Cheese's. I keep a cup full of tokens in the car at all times, just for days like this. We had a great time until Quinton wandered off and was out of sight for about 3 minutes. That was my FIRST experience as a mother where I struggled not to stand on a table and scream his name - or at least for everyone to stop and be quiet so I could find him.
Quinton did walk right up to me just about the time I would have jumped on the table, so he rescued both of us from an embarrassing situation. We left that zoo pretty quickly thereafter!
After that fiasco, we went to the mall to run an errand. If we go to the mall, that means we have to go to the play place in the mall. There, too, Quinton sneaked past me to run out the entrance of the little play area...lucky for me I heard his giggle in time to catch him. Little turkey! I think he's doing this on purpose to erase any bit of non-gray hair I have left in my head! Thank goodness for my friend and colorist, yay Genelle!
Sunday, Quinton must have been feeling the spirit because I could have sworn I shut our bathroom door but knew I was mistaken when I heard Quinton giggling like a little school girl. I ran to my bathroom only to find a very mad and soaking kitten...apparently, Quinton 'saved' her by baptizing her in the toilet... Have I mentioned these kittens may not be long at our house if this keeps up?
Yesterday, Quinton and I were playing in his room and he rediscovered some toys. Among his favorite of the day was his pirate eye patch. He loved putting it on and wandering around, bumping into walls...I bet that happened to real one-eyed pirates all of the time...you know, no depth-perception and all. Quinton kept handing it to me to put it on and chase him around...then I'd make him 'walk the slide', he is the funniest 21 - month old I know!
Today, we had swim lessons. His favorite part is making big splashes. He really likes his teacher Miss Kayli. Tonight, when we were getting out of the pool, he gave Miss Kayli a kiss on the cheek and I swear he was blushing, afterwards! That's my little bear...so sweet and loving.
Matt returns from his work trip Wednesday night, Hallelujah! He's been gone a week and a half, including the weekend and I am ready for a break. Although I did watch Roman Holiday for the first time today with Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn. it was such a cute movie, why don't they make them like that anymore??
Well, off to bed for me now. Enjoy the pics and stories!
No comments:
Post a Comment