Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Newly Minted 6 Year Old In Da House!

I can hardly believe that our preemie little peanut has turned 6!

What an amazing kid Quinton is and I can honestly say I am so proud of him! He brings so much laughter and joy to our lives from his infectious giggle to his abounding love for his little brother, I love this boy!


Here he is...his first day being six!

I think for Matt, birthdays were fun in his house but they weren't a BIG DEAL...but my mom ALWAYS made our birthdays special! I'm sure she's probably lost count of all the weird, funny and cute cakes she's made for all her kids and I am so thankful for her talent of making each one of us feel special. I LOVE birthdays! I love to celebrate birthdays in our family, too. So what if I look like a crazy mom at midnight at the 24-hour Walmart buying Quinton's favorite cereal for the next morning??? I do it out of love!

Here is Quinton, the morning of his birthday, enjoying a rare breakfast of very sugary cereal!

Since this is Quinton's first year at school, I thought it would be fun to make birthday goody bags for his class. Who cares if I am crazy enough to go to 5 different stores looking for SIXLETS candies (finally found them at Cracker Barrel of all places!)?

Originally, I thought cupcakes or donuts would be fun for his classroom treat but then I found an awesome donut-shaped cupcake pan at Hobby Lobby! Score! I made these cute little cupcake-donuts for a class treat and they were a hit!

Quinton really enjoyed having me in his class and his teacher was so great! We decided to have Quinton's party at Pump It Up this year. I couldn't imagine a bunch of sugar-crazed 5-6 year olds in my house and this place is perfect for getting out energy! Plus, parents can jump on the inflatables, too!


Quinton's birthday throne...

Quinton had a Bakugan-themed birthday party and if you don't have a 6 year old boy at home, you may have no clue what I am talking about! Needless to say, I had a hard time finding Bakugan party gear and couldn't justify buying $40 worth of stuff online and paying another $15 in shipping, so I improvised with a Baskin Robbins birthday cake with one of Quinton's toys stuck on top!

We also had Quinton/Bakugan water for everyone (I know, I know...a teeny bit crazy)!

Quinton didn't get out of his throne throughout the entire sit down portion of the party! Luckily, he was willing to share it with his brother and other party guests!

I don't know if there's ever been a happier 6 year old!

Happy Birthday to my favorite 6 year old!

I love you to the moon and back!

No comments:

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...