Tuesday, January 18, 2011

HAD to share!

Yay! Some new books arrived that I ordered from Amazon.com and we are very excited!
These two books by Munro Leaf were introduced to me while at our friends during Christmas. I read one of the books to her daughter and LOVED the lessons they teach in a simple way for children. Of course, I think some adults could stand to read these books, too, as a refresher!



Matt recently asked me if I could find some books for the boys that he remembered reading as a kid - they had to do with values. After doing some research on Google, I found out they were ones that I remember as a kid, too!
ValueTales!
Valuetales were a series of biographical stories that gave a simplified and fictionalized biography of a historical figure as an allegory, illustrating the value of a positive characteristic. They have been out of print for a while and when I found some on ebay, I was pretty disappointed to find out that the books go for a pretty penny.


BUT, I found that Simon & Schuster is re-releasing the series!


This is their version:

I am very excited to read these to the boys!

No comments:

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...