Friday, August 20, 2010

Sawyer, A Blessed Boy!

Two Sundays ago, we were able to bless Sawyer at Matt's brother's house with lots of family and friends to celebrate the wonderful occasion. Normally, babies are blessed in church but because of our recent move to Utah, we don't really have a ward we call "home" quite yet.
I wanted it to be a really special affair so I roped my mom into helping me a lot of the preparations. I have a wonderful mother, who probably thought I was a little crazy with all of my plans for the event but she helped me with everything and kept a sweet smile on her face and was such a big help!
Here she is helping me assemble the cupcake tower with a sweet smile (this smile actually says to me, "Someone help me, I think my daughter is crazy" - as she ices Ss onto white chocolate buttons for EACH cupcake)!
The end result of our cupcake mania!
Our tower of sugar!
My mom even helped me with this little pictorial homage to our sweet little Sawyer.
It turned out cute, whaddya think?
A closer shot...
A big part of what made the day so special was that almost all of Matt's brothers were able to be at the blessing. A lot of my family and even some of our great friends were able to make it, too.
Here is Sawyer with Wanda and Ferrin, Matt's parents. Can you tell they are proud of grandbaby #31?
Our little family!
P.S. I love Sawyer's smile/smirk.

Here I am with two of my sisters and our mom, cute girls, eh?

My super-mom and Sawyer.

Silly Grandpa with Sawyer...

After all of the excitement, this is where Sawyer ended up...I wish I could sleep like that once in a while!

Here is Matt with one of his best high school friends, Giff.
The guys are like peas and carrots, if you ask me!
It was such a wonderful day to spend with friends and family and to bless our little Saywer!

2 comments:

Sarah S said...

Holy smokes, Sawyer is #31 of the grandkids on Matt's side?? That's a lot of kids. And I actually got teary looking at the fun grouping of pictures from his birth and in the photo shoot before you guys left. I love that you went to great efforts to make his day special - esp w/ the cupcakes!! So awesome. We miss you guys!

Krazy Khania said...

SO cool Stacy! He looks so big I can't believe it. He still looks so much like Q too! Can't wait to see you guys.

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...