How lucky am I that my sister chose to come to Chicago for a visit as her birthday present?
Pretty DANG lucky, I'd say!
She was so awesome to come and hang out with us and be only the SECOND family member to see Sawyer! She was happy to hang out with us and go to the park and we even had a chance to get out a little.
Doesn't she ooze squishy love for Sawyer?
We ended up missing our tour time so we took the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Chicago. Jessi always asks about Oprah tickets when she comes to town but they are VERY hard to come by and the Oprah show tapings are done for the season. I did take her to Harpo Studios and apparently, there is an Oprah store right next to the studios. EVERYTHING in there has a big "O" on it! From workout wear to doggy sweaters to baby clothes and even clothes for sale from Oprah's closet (well-worn Chanel shoes for $250!).
After Oprah, I rushed Jessi over to Ghiradelli's for this DECADENT cookie sundae.
Um yeah, it TASTED as good as it LOOKS!
On Jessi's last day, we surprised her with a birthday cake complete with LOTS of candles!
Quinton spent the entire morning BEGGING us to set the cake ablaze and dig in...lucky for him, Jessi and I had to leave early in the day to catch our re-scheduled Segway tour.
Um yeah, it TASTED as good as it LOOKS!
Wonder what she's wishing for!
And here she is on our famed Segway tour. I've done one before so I knew the ropes, but Jessi's horseback riding background made her a natural at riding this mechanical pony on her first time!

No comments:
Post a Comment