Thursday, June 11, 2009

Last Day of Preschool and Homemade Dirt!

Today was the last day of preschool for Quinton and his five other classmates in Miss Nancy's class. It was bittersweet because we are so excited to have some summer adventures but we will be sad not to see our friends and Miss Nancy twice a week!
Miss Nancy is awesome and had a present for each of the kids, today. Quinton and his friend Holland received cute bugs and Holland's brother, Ethan, received a train. I took Holland and Ethan home with me, today, and Quinton and Holland asked if they could play with their bugs outside. Unfortunately, it's been raining and it's kind of chilly outside so I had a great idea. I asked the kids if they wanted to make DIRT cupcakes for their bugs and of course, they said, YES!
I whipped up some chocolate cupcakes and Miss Rachel arrived just in time to help me frost and dirt the cupcakes. Then, we put the bugs on the cupcakes and a few gummy works for good measure and voila!
Dirt Cupcakes!
Don't they look like fun!
Thanks, Miss Nancy, for the bugs!
Thanks, Miss Rachel, Ethan and Holland for helping us make these and eat them!
I think the three of them really enjoyed their homemade dirt home for their bugs!
P.S. Notice the "art" on the kids' faces?
Miss Rachel and I were visiting in the kitchen for a few minutes and the next thing we knew, the kids were coloring on each other's faces and clothes.
ARGH!

4 comments:

Tonya said...

Love it!!!!!

Sarah S said...

Impressive that you whipped that up so fast/easily! That looks so fun.

Tara said...

Pre-school is so fun. The kids look like they are loving the cupcakes.

melissa walker said...

Those kiddos are so cute! Paul and I want you and the Rays to come over for dinner when we've gotten settled in the new house--maybe August? Maybe then I'll have your crafty thing made--I haven't forgotten, all my crafty things are packed!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...