Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Barenaked and Tasty!



What a fun and expected evening for Quinton and me!

A little before 5 o'clock tonight, I was checking Craigslist for nothing in particular and came across someone selling tickets to the Barenaked Ladies concert at the Taste of Chicago for today and I was shocked! I had no idea and BNL is one of my all-time favorite groups!

So what's a grown mom to do?

I slapped together a couple of peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwiches, threw Quinton into the car and BOOKED it downtown, which during rush hour is no small feat!

Matt wholeheartedly supported my impromptu trip downtown and was just a little bummed he was helping with a friend's move so he wouldn't be able to make it to the concert.

Nevermind how much I paid for parking to be as CLOSE to the Taste of Chicago as I could, the concert began at 5:30 and I made it there by 6:20! That included the walk/jog like a madwoman to the actual venue in Grant Park.

It was totally worth it!

We weren't too close but we weren't too far, either. Plus, it was free!

A bunch of the songs they played weren't their most popular ones but once they broke out in one of my favorite songs, "If I had $1,000,00", it was a blast! I even convinced Quinton to step out of his stroller to dance with me.

After the concert, Quinton saw someone walk by with a giant frozen chocolate banana so as a reward for indulging me in my fan craze, I treated us to a yummy banana...hey, it's kind of healthy, isn't it???


With only a couple of Taste tickets left over, we splurged on a ride on the carousel. It was an awesome ending to a fun last-minute evening!

2 comments:

Sarah S said...

NICE!! You are an adventerous grown mom :) That sounds pretty fun (but a little crazy too). I'm glad you made it in time!

Melisa said...

"Haven't you always wanted a Monkey?" I love them. So jealous.

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...