
Lately, it seems that EVERY week, I am becoming more frustrated as a shopper.
Not because there aren't good deals or I can't find what I want...but because I am being robbed by stores! Okay, maybe not robbed but I am very frustrated that at least ONCE a week, I find a discrepancy in my receipts at any given store I visit on the average week! I'm continually being charged more that I really owe.
It happened again, today, where I bought two sale items and while walking to my car, realized I'd been charged more for the items than was on the price tag! Argh! This is really starting to bug me! I walked back into the store and pointed out the mistake. This is where I get mad. She tried to tell me, before even looking at the receipt or listening to me, that there was not a mistake. Seriously?
So after I showed her the price tags on the items and the charge on the receipts, she tried to tell me that the price tags were wrong! Again, seriously? After a short discussion, she did end up refunding me the difference which was almost $2. Now, I know that doesn't sound like a big deal but also realize, I find this kind of thing happens at least once a week!
If you multiplied $2 by 52 weeks in a year that equals = $104
Multiply $104 by 30 years and you have over $3,300 in overcharges!
Enough of my rant, but seriously, check your receipts!
5 comments:
I know this is may be wierd, but I try to find a person in front of me that has LOTS of items so I can have enough time to get ALL mine on the belt, then I watch as they scan EACH item in. My mom taught me to do it when I was growing up. I don't think you're crazy for going back in and getting your money. You work hard for your money and you work hard at shopping sales!!! :)
This happens all the time, and I try to watch the items being scanned, but eventually the kids will distract me. Even if you catch it scanned, they don't believe you, they have to "check" which makes you feel like a jerk having everyone behind you wait. And if you've already bought the time it's a much bigger ordeal. Usually I just decide the $2 or whatever isn't worth the effort. I'm sure that is what they are hoping.
I hate when I get home and they didn't put my fries in the bag. :o(
I totally check them,. It's such a good idea.
this just happened to me last week!
I got my $2 bucks back too. Then when and bought some brown beads with it.
I love how they told you there was nothing wrong before even listening! You could stay out of the stores like I do!
Post a Comment