Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Going to the Dentist is Sooooooooo FUN! I Promise!

Last night, I told Quinton that he was getting too big and I asked him not to get any bigger.
He looked at me and said, "Okay Mommy, sure!"
I wish it were that easy!

Quinton sleeps in a big boy bed, wears big boy underpants (during the day) and had his first dentist appointment today! I just don't know if I am ready for him to grow up this fast!

All day yesterday and leading up to his appointment this afternoon, I kept hyping up the dentist like she was going to be some kind of super fun Chuck E. Cheese kind of entertainment. Growing up, I HATED the dentist, so I have been very nervous about taking Quinton for his first visit. To my relief, our dentist did not disappoint!

Her office lobby had all kinds of fun colors, video games, books and a nice little girl who happened to be the dentist's daughter. She was about 6 and had complained of a toothache so her nanny brought her and her monkey, Mildred and a Moose, whose name I didn't quite catch to see her mom. All of this was a good start that helped to put my, I mean Quinton's tensions at ease.
The hygienist and dentist were so nice! They even had a TV screen mounted to the ceiling with the movie, CARs, playing - only one of Quinton's favorite movies! I was able to hold Quinton in the chair while they cleaned and checked his teeth. He only wiggled a little bit when the cleaning tickled his gums and he was such a champ! He left with TWO prizes from the prize basket because he did so well (but where was MY prize for doing so well, too?).
Here is Quinton's, "I'm super cool and glad this dentist thing is over," picture:

3 comments:

Beckie said...

can i go to his dentist? I H A T E going to one - and I am WAY over due.

I don't want him or my girls to grow up any more either!!!


Great job Q at the dentist!

Christie and Dane said...

He's getting so big!! He's delish!

Sarah S said...

I totally want the name of this dentist!! I am not looking forward to Eli's first experience with the dentist - the fact that he HATES getting his haircut and going to the doctor makes me think it will be awful getting him to let people put things in his mouth and clean things up (he lets me, but I don't count)

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...