Monday, October 13, 2008

Date Nights & Dollar Signs!

I am sad to say that our dating life has come to a screeching halt since we moved here. Not because we don't like to have fun together but because babysitters are so freaking expensive here! We pay twice as much, sometimes even more, than when we lived in Tulsa. We never knew how cushy we had it in Tulsa!
So I decided to bite the bullet and plan a really fun date night. Who cares if it cost three figures!
I suprised Matt with tickets to see WICKED downtown. I've been wanting to see this since my cosmopolitan friend, Gina, introduced me to the soundtrack about 4 years ago and I instantly loved the song, 'Popular.' It's just a cute song from the play. I have been waiting to see the musical with my friend Gina since she's never seen it but WICKED will be living Chicago in January and I was afraid prices would keep going up for shows so I decided to take Matt to his first REAL Broadway production.
He seemed to really like it. We had a great time downtown, too. We even saw a bunch of ladies in sari's break out in a fight...no kidding...on Michigan Avenue.
Good times!

Matt also suprised me with flowers to set a romantic tone to the evening.
Thanks, babe!

2 comments:

Beckie said...

I Love date nights - ours always seem to get interupted...more on that later.
Love the flowers!!!

Christie and Dane said...

You guys look so great!!! We miss you!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...