Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Big City Weekend, Part: Darin

While Erin was here, Matt's oldest brother, Darin, was also in town from Salt Lake City for a work conference. Erin and I had so much fun on the Segway tour on Saturday that we convinced Matt and Darin that they would have a blast on the Segway tour on Sunday!

Darin made the Segway look so easy! He and Matt both hopped on and looked like they'd been born riding these things!
Speed shots of the boys:

Darin in front of the Field Museum.
Darin and Matt at a forest preserve in the City that used to be a private airfield.
Matt and Darin near the Shedd Aquarium. Unfortunately, Sunday was a much cloudier day than Saturday when Erin and I went. But Matt and his brother still had a great time.
Darin wondering if the silver jelly bean tastes good.
Matt, Quinton and I pondering the flavor of the silver jelly bean.
For dinner, we went to a Thai restaurant around the corner from Darin's hotel. In the lobby area, there was this fish tank with some really freaky looking fish. When Quinton decided he was finished with his noodles, he took his booster seat and made himself comfortable just staring at the fish. It was really funny to see how mesmerized he was by these fish!
Thanks for coming, Darin! We had a great time and enjoyed your company!

1 comment:

Beckie said...

I think I want to do that tour now!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...