Here is a nice shot of the apple orchards with a pumpkin patch in the middle. It was fun for the kids to see the pumpkins and have so much wide open space to play and run around!
We didn't have a chance to go for a tractor-pull ride but it was fun for the kids to wave at the people riding it.
Here are Dave and Rochelle. They moved here about 2 months after we did, from Maryland. They just bought a house so we are excited that they'll be hanging around for a while. Especially Quinton...but that's a couple of pictures down :)!
Quinton searching for apples. By the time we went into the orchards, a lot of apples had already been picked so we had to walk a little ways into the rows to find big apples. Plus, while you are in there, you can eat as many apples as you want! I definitely left with a bit of an apple tummy ache.
And this is why Quinton enjoys having our new friends! As much as he and Miss Makena argue, he loves to hang out with her. Everyday he asks if we are going to their house, which is funny because when we are there, he and Miss Makena are usually fighting over the same truck/slide/car/you name it! Kids!
Quinton actually took this picture and it turned out very well! I am proud of my little photographer!
Apple Holler had a kids play area. Most of the cool stuff you had to pay to ride/bounce on but there was a big pit of dried corn kernels. Quinton and the other kids had SO MUCH FUN in corn! We played here for at least 45 minutes. Even Matt and I ended up frolicking in the corn because it feels really good on your feet!
Quinton enjoyed this so much, he apparently wanted to bring some of the fun home! When I went to give him a bath, later that evening, I took off his diaper to find a couple of handfuls of kernel shoved into it! Very strange child...
Sunday, after church, our neighbors threw a very fun block party. As I mentioned previously, Quinton comes by his love of siestas honestly. Look at these two!
He loved the block party because he could finally open up the throttle on this bad girl and let 'er rip on the open road! The village lets you close down your street for block parties so all the kids could ride up and down the street freely. Quinton now has a hard time NOT going into the street to ride his jeep.
Quinton thought I wasn't looking when he tried to swipe ANOTHER brownie from the dessert table. When I caught him and said, "Quinton." in my stern mommy voice, he made this face and started "dancing" to try and distract me...
Is he not the cutest little boy, ever???
4 comments:
I LOVE the pics of Quinton on his Barbie Jeep!! So cute.
Hello Harkers! Looks like you guys have been having lots of fun! Hope all is well!
He is TOO cute! I can't believe how big he is getting!
We have some friends who live in Wisconsin and they went to the Apple Holler as well and posted some pics. It looks like a really fun place!
I'm glad to see you're still alive and doing well in Chicago!
um I think it's a 4 wheeler... not a jeep ;-) Anyway... I need to see you again, I didn't get to play enough while you were here! Quinton is so cute, I need to give him a kiss!
Post a Comment