
Um yeah, I think I'm a cool hip mom - some days - since I can name every member of New Kids On the Block, still (thank goodness they are in again, along with leggings!). But as I was blog surfing (you KNOW you do it), I came upon a blog that had some really cool music - the sad part was that I had never heard of any of the artists on this person's music list...except for Deathcab for Cutie. I've heard of them, I think...or maybe it's Dashboard Confessional...I could be confused, both of them remind me of cars so I could have them mixed up.
You may not know this about me if you've known me less than a decade or so, but I used to dance my way up and down the club scene in the Wasatch Valley (If you are my mom and dad, none of this is true, I'm making it up!)! Those boxes at the Edge/Omni in Provo....yeah, that was me up there! That "cage" at the Vortex...nope, it wasn't me, but it was one of my roomies!
Anyway, sometimes I miss the good old days of being "Astronaut Girl", but honestly, hearing the Q man say "MOMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEE" a thousand and one times a day is way cooler than being hip anymore.
3 comments:
aaahh the clubs! It was a lot of fun at the time... but I really don't miss it. I don't live in that world anymore, now I spend my days walking neighborhood kids to kindergarten, and back again in 2 hours and 45 minutes to pick them up! My oh my, things have changed!
Stacy,
Hey-I found you through Rachel's blog. It's been forever and yeah, I totally remember you on those boxes at the Omni!! I'm pretty sure you took a turn or two in the cages as well!! I'm with Rachel-those days seem so foreign now that I'm a mom of (gasp!)almost 4!! Little did we know that we'd actually turn out NORMAL after having that coffin in our living room at our 666 house, huh? It's fun to see you and your cute family and your adventures!
Cages hu!? My clubs didn't have cages, LOL! Naughty girl. I agree, hearing mommy all day AND asking your two year old if she needs to go potty 400 times a day is WAY better than the good 'ol days! I LOVE the floors you did in your new little cozy house! I'm very impressed! I would die if I had to move as much as you have had to since you have been married. BUT you are always having new adventures to keep your life fun!
Post a Comment