Well, you might think we're Jewish celebrating Hannukah birthdays that seem to last 8 crazy days and nights, but no, I'm just a busy mom with one cute little boy to spoil to my heart's content! With Quinton's birthday falling on a Tuesday, I tried to make that day special and then with the Cubs game, we made the week special and then with Saturday's birthday party, we made him turning 3 very special!
First thing Saturday morning, our church had a fun run. Personally, I think the term "fun run" is a perfect example of an oxymoron, but that's just me...and I walked!
Here is Quinton warming up with his buddies.

And here is Quinton in full "Lollygagging" mode. I had our big ol' super jogger with me but Quinton didn't want to be caught dead with his mom in a glorified
stroller!

Oh, and we can't forget that Quinton is a total flirt and took this opportunity to turn on the charm with the new girl in town, Miss Makena. Sorry all of you other 2-3 year old ladies to whom I have betrothed Quinton to further our status in life, Miss Makena has her eye on the Q man! Trust me, Miss Makena gets what she wants, too!

After the quote, unquote Fun Run, Matt, Q and I headed back home where we went into full WHITE TORNADO mode, finishing the house to prepare for the Soccer-themed birthday party slash BBQ later in the afternoon. Matt was a really good sport about the sheet of legal note pad paper filled with my Honey Do scrawlings. I think one of my chicken scratches even mentioned spray-painting soccer field lines onto our grass in the backyard. Lucky for me, my level-headed husband skipped that task :)!
I wish I had more pictures of the event but I was so busy with everything else, I barely took pictures of the party at all. Here are a few snapshots of Quinton opening his gifts. It was really a mosh pit of wrapping and bows because ALL of the kids wanted to help Quinton open presents so he would run to a neutral spot and try to open a present and then the kids would all run over to him to "help." It was pretty hard to get a good shot of the melee, but it was funny to watch!

More birthday present helpers:
This is a really cute picture of our friend Miss M and her daddy, Mr. K. Miss M is one of my Sunbeams and I have known her since the day she was born. It is so much fun being back in an area where we already have history and friends! Plus, there are so many new people here, we are really enjoying the new friendships we are making, as well!
This picture still makes me laugh! One of Quinton's favorite presents? A bag...to put over his head! He is a goofball!

Towards the end of the party, I gave Quinton our presents for him: two Transformers! I bought him the 3-year old versions of the cars that pop up. One is Bumblebee and the other is Optimus Prime and he LOVES, LOVES, LOVES these cars! Another friend gave Quinton a Batman car and he has been sleeping with all three cars in his bed since Saturday night!
Here is Q and his friend, Grant, playing with the cars.
A funny story about our friend, Grant. Grant is a BIG Cubs fan and whenever we see him (except in church), Grant is wearing some kind of Cubs apparel, whether it's a hat, jersey, t-shirt, it seems like he has an endless wardrobe of Cubs gear. So when Quinton and I were walking to Wrigley Field on Friday, we kept seeing little boys in Cubs gear and Quinton would keep saying, "Mommy, there's GRANT!" and then, Quinton would yell, "GRAAAAAANT!" It really cracked me up!

Sunday, after church, I realized Quinton had his presents from my mom to open! I think it's been almost a full week of presents, so far! Seriously, Quinton woke up this morning asking where his presents were!
Q takes his wrapping ripping very seriously!
Grandma Kathy, he loves his new books! Thank you!!!!
4 comments:
You guys packed a lot in to one short weekend! I love that pic of you and Quinton on the el. And your place looked GREAT for Quinton's birthday!
Now that is a serious birthday celebration! How fun!
We had fun at Quinton's party. Thanks again for the invite.
That kid is spoiled! What are you going to do for my birthday?! I want a week too!
Post a Comment