Quinton's new friends Makena and Ethan were so excited about Quinton's birthday, today, they brought over this gigantic #3 last night! Quinton has had more fun with this balloon that dwarfs him! It will be a sad day when this balloon deflates and there is no more giant #3 to welcome him everyday.
We've even tried potty training for a couple of weeks and this morning, I asked Quinton if he wanted to go to the bathroom and as if by the pure magic of being on this earth for 36 months, Quinton said, "Sure." And he went!
We were high-fiving each other all morning...after he washed his hands, of course!
Quinton and his precious balloon...
When Quinton woke up this morning, he had several cards and presents waiting for him. This year, he was really excited to open everything!
My grandmother, Quinton's Great Grandmother, sent him this really funny book with googly eyes. Quinton kept moving the book to see if the eyes would follow him and sure enough, the eyes went around, upside down and every which way to Christmas, following him the whole time! We'll have to make sure and read this during the day time because I think it freaks him out a little.
After Quinton's Montessori class, we headed to one of my favorite places for a celebratory lunch, Chuck E. Cheese's! I joke with a friend that I will start a phenomenon (not unlike the whole Target being pronounced Tar-jay to give a french air of sophistication to the brand) where people will call Chuck E. Cheese's, Chuck de Fromage, so that I am NOT slightly embarrassed to admit that I love the place!
Seriously, Quinton loved it!
The guy behind the toy counter even slipped Quinton a free bag of cotton candy when I mentioned Quinton was the birthday boy. Next time, I'll have to thank that guy for my 3 year-old running around in circles and jumping on my bed at 10 o'clock at night because he sneaked into his bag of cotton candy at 6 pm!
Thanks, dude!
We topped off his birthday festivities, tonight, with a steamy bowl of Mac N' Cheese at his favorite local restaurant. Of course, it's only his favorite restaurantr because they have those blasted quarter machines that vend such novelties as bouncy balls that once bounced, are nearly impossible to find! But hey, it's HIS day, right?
More festivities are planned for this weekend, so stay tuned!

7 comments:
Happy Birthday Quinton! Sorry I didn't send a card... I suck! I can't believe he is 3 years old... wasn't he just born?!
Happy Birthday Quinton!!! What a fun day. Seriously, three-year-old birthdays are my favorite - the toys get so much more exciting and the kids are so into it. I love that he used the potty on his birthday too - good job!!
He is getting so big! Are you going to start doing undie diaries now that he is potty trained? ;)
Happy Birthday Quinton!!!!
He looks like a little man!!! Happy 3rd Birthday, Quinton!
Happy Birthday Q-Diddy! You will have to come down to SD and hit a Padres game for your number 4 birthday! We love you!!! Alyee
Happy Birthday Quinton!
Post a Comment