Well, we haven't spent more than about 5 nights in our new place, which is mostly filled with boxes, but I am already enjoying our closer quarters. Quinton no longer yells at me from a different floor to come and get him. Our laundry is on the same floor as the kitchen - as the bathroom - as our rooms!
All this 'new' luxury wasn't without it's elbow grease before we even moved in! I really liked all that this little house has to offer but I knew when I saw it that it could use some TLC. Matt was patient enough to indulge my need to make this rental a little bit nicer and helped tear out the carpet and refinish the hidden hardwood floors underneath so we have a MUCH cleaner living space.
Here is one of the views of the carpet in our bedroom. It doesn't look too bad, although if you look close, the color of the carpet is a beige-ish gray and had some icky looking stains.
When Matt pulled up the carpets, even he was grossed out! Underneath, you could really understand how old and gross the carpets were and there was a black sand/dust/dirt pile leftover from pulling up the carpets.
Thank goodness for Youtube! I looked up how to refinish hardwood floors and Matt and I watched a couple of tutorials, rented some equipment and VOILA!
Even though there are some visible stains in the hardwood, I am WAY less skeeved out by these stains than the ones in the carpet!!!
7 comments:
man those floors do look nice! good job!
Welcome home!
I didn't think the pictures of the carpet looked bad, but those hard wood floors are gorgeous! You guys did excellent work!
Nice job on the floors!
Ugh! I hate hate hate moving. And unpacking seems like it will never end. But you did such an amazing job on those floors and the painting!! I can't wait to see your place.
You guys did an AWESOME job!
Woods floors are the way to go in older homes. That is what we did in our living room and entry area.
Isn't it so nice to have a handy husband who knows how to do stuff like this? Love it!
Those hardwood floors look great! You are so ambitious. Enjoy your new home
Post a Comment