Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Somebunny Loves You!

What a fun time of year!
The first day of spring meant about 6 inches of snow for us after enjoying about a week of no snow on the ground!
Just when we'd noticed buds beginning on the trees and green shoots coming up from the ground, we received a huge pile of snow! Last Friday, it was snowing so hard and fast that the DMV closed 2 hours early! I found that out when Matt and I made it there at 5 minutes to three and were told that they were shutting down! It has taken us a while to find the time to go and switch to Illinois licenses so I was pretty peeved about them closing early. I said, "I called two hours ago to make sure you were open on Good Friday and no one said you might close early. This is ridiculous." The man in the 80s polyester shirt behind the counter replied, "Ma'am, this snow is ridiculous." and that was then end of our conversation. So Quinton and I had the PURE JOY of spending 2.5 hours at the DMV, yesterday, registering our new car and obtaining my new Illinois license...that was sure fun! Especially when I took the "written" test on a computer and had to hold Quinton in my lap, squirming and yelling the whole time...yep, that's my boy!
Needless to say, we made the most of our wintry Easter weekend!

Friday night, we ended up having some friends over for some yummy and HOT tortilla chicken soup. Their little girl, Miss M and Quinton had a lot of fun decorating sugar cookies and bunny cakes. I enjoyed eating Quinton's creations!


Saturday, our church held a kids Easter egg hunt. I helped a couple of the other ladies put it together and it was a lot of fun. Quinton is quite the master egg hunter these days...I think I even overheard him talking to kids in an Australian accent saying, "Crikey, this one's a beaut!"

(Rachel, Rebekeh and me in our spring colors)

After the egg hunt, we went to our friend Kate's 1 year birthday party. It was lots of fun to spend time with friends from when we lived here about 4 years ago. After all of the sugar of the egg hunt and birthday cake, though, Quinton and Matt were ready to crash. I dropped them off at home and then ran around town making sure I had everything we needed for our big Sunday Easter dinner.

At church on Sunday, there were several great talks about the real reason for Easter, Christ's resurrection. My friend Rebekeh gave a great talk and it was nice to feel the spirit. Sunday was also my first day in my new calling to help teach the 4-5 year olds. Boy, are they an active bunch! It's so much fun, though, to see what Quinton will be like before I know it. I think I am going to like this calling!

After church, we prepped for our big dinner and at 4pm, our guests started arriving. I think it total, we had 12 adults and 7 kids under the age of 4 at our dinner. Luckily, the house we are house sitting has a giant dining room table and all of the adults were able to enjoy one another's company with more yummy food than we could eat! It was so great to sit around a big table and talk to friends. All in all, it was a great dinner!

Another exciting thing that happened this weekend is that Quinton has a new cousin! My older sister had her little baby girl a couple of weeks early. When I spoke with my mom yesterday, they still didn't have a name for Baby Girl Snow so I am anxiously awaiting to hear what her name is and see a picture of her! I hear that mom and baby girl are recovering from the early arrival and I know a lot about that! Congrats Alyee, Cliff, James and Winter!

On a side note, Quinton has taken to bathing TWICE a day just because he loves the master bath so much! He has some fun toys, we add a few bubbles and voila! He is in heaven! This picture is of him in the tub on Friday with LOTS of snow falling outside of the window.

4 comments:

Sarah S said...

those pictures are really cute! I love the last one of Quinton in the tub - he's going to be so sad when he's back to a regular tub someday.

Beckie said...

so cute! I love all the pictures - I thought that maybe today you would be trying to go to the DMV because of the wonderful SNOW we got today!

Kali said...

Your house looks AWESOME! I'm NOT jealous of the snow. I'd heard on the news there were record snowfalls up there. So sorry...unless you like the snow!

Crystal said...

Dang, where do I find a great set-up like that! Sweet house! We need an upgrade! Maybe in like 50 years...if we are lucky! Looks like you had a fantastic Easter!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...