Monday, March 31, 2008

Local Tourists

This past Saturday, we treated ourselves to some fun downtown. We went to one of our favorite Chicago eateries, Harry Caray's. I had a yummy burger, Matt had some awesome pork chops and Quinton thoroughly enjoyed his spaghetti. I think the people at the next table got a kick out of watching Quinton slurp his noodles Lady and the Tramp style and then just shoving handfuls in! The bust of Harry Caray. Notice Oprah's picture on the right, above Matt's head.
Ye olde noodle slurper!

Q LOVES to make "foo faces", or funny faces to you and me.

We were able to go and see the famous "Cloud Gate" for the first time. Quinton thought it was too strange to touch so he looked at it from a safe distance.

Quinton running around with the Chicago skyline as his backdrop.

More of Q and the skyline.
It was such a fun afternoon to go and play downtown. We are waiting for a little bit nicer weather weekend to go to the museums and the aquarium. Maybe even for an out of town guest to come over for a bit of motivation to do more sightseeing (hint, hint).

4 comments:

Kali said...

You guys always have SO much fun!You haven't been in Chicago very long and you're already seeing everything. We've been in Tulsa over a year and haven't seen anything...haha....LAZINESS is what we have! Cute pics! Looks like you guys are doing GREAT! How's the job going for Matt?

Shana said...

Hey ya'll! I love, love, love the pics of Chicago! The one of Quintion walking with the skyline in the background...AMAZING!
I don't know when I will ever get there, so keep 'em coming! I will just live vicariously through your travels. Is that pathetic or what? :0
How is everything? The weather looks like it is looking up. That is good for the spirits.
Hey, I was going to tell you that the other night on American Idol, an old Idol contestant, Blake Lewis, performed his new single. Anyway, long story short...if Matt did his hair a little more crazy and wore some pop/rocker clothes, he would totally win the Blake Lewis look alike contest! If there was one that is.
I was watching it, and yelled to Robert, "Oh my gosh...look, it is totally Matt Harker!"
Funny!

Chris said...

Man, your little Quinton (not so little considering how I remember him) is so stinkin' cute! You must love being in Chicago again. Eat some Panera for me--one of my all time favorite places!

Erin said...

We would love some out of town guests too (hint, hint)

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...