Thursday, March 13, 2008

New 'Do 4 Q!

Well, you'd think by the title, I'd be writing about Quinton's first professional haircut he received a couple of weeks ago at this cute place called Kidsnips. Alas, no, I write tonight about the hairdo he gave himself this morning while I was emailing a friend. He must have heard me talking about how dry the air is here because he comes waltzing into the office-area with a silly grin and as he turns his head, I saw nothing but white in his hair. It's a little funny because with a full head of white hair, I thought he bore a striking resemblance to his Great Grandpa Gardner with all of the white he had in his hair! Lucky for Quinton, though, it was only my lotion!

Talk about goopy!


I was in the process (sort of) of trying to get us out of the house on a beautiful (and sort of warm at 40+ degrees) morning to go on a walk. After wrestling him to wash his hair out in the sink, he was squeaky clean and had soft, silky hair!
We eventually made it on our walk...an hour of bliss out in the sun. Just me and Quinton walking to Panera for a yummy cinnamon crunch bagel (sorry, Dad!).

Our little family has been settling into life in Chicago pretty well. We are learning to live with frequent showings on the house we're house sitting in and Matt's new work environment (home and on the road). We even hosted a church playgroup here on Wednesday, which consisted of about 7 mommies, 2 babysitters and a zillion kids. I exaggerate, just a little. It just seemed like a zillion kids but in fact, was probably only 15 or so. Not too shabby for my first playgroup here! The best part of about it was having enough space and toys in the basement to keep most of the kids happy! I also enjoyed the opportunity to meet a bunch of new friends and hang out with old ones.

Last week, when it was REALLY cold, Quinton and I went to the Kohl Children's Museum. They have a special Clifford exhibit right now, which is one of Quinton's favorite cartoons. The place is so much fun! They have a water feature room, a mini-grocery store where everything is kid-sized, and all kinds of fun experiments. I really had to drag Quinton out of there at closing time!

We also hosted our first official guest two weekends ago! My Aunt Sheryl from New Jersey came into town for a job interview. It was so fun to have family in town! She and I were even able to get away from the boys and have a yummy lunch in downtown Evanston. On Monday, when she had her interview, we dropped her off at the train station. It was a rainy morning so she had an umbrella with her. So now, Quinton will occasionally ask, "Umbrella train, Sherry?" Translated, he's asking me where Aunt Sheryl is and he equates her with the train and umbrellas...what a funny kid! When she was here, he would walk around the house looking for her saying, "Sherry? Sherry? SHERRY?" I enjoyed the opportunity to visit with my Aunt and have Quinton get to know her a little.

Well, we have a showing tomorrow morning so I had better be off to bed so I can clean up!

3 comments:

Sarah S said...

Stacy, thank you thank you for hosting playgroup, especially at the last minute! I think people had a great time.

I'm impressed at how much you've done so far after just a few weeks here!

Kali said...

It sounds like you guys are having a BLAST in Chicago and adjusting well! Quintin's lotion/hair story is TOO funny!! He sure is cute. I miss seeing you guys in church. Glad you're doing well in Chicago though (I knew you would cuz you're SO AWESOME!)

Erin said...

I love the lotion in the hair. It just might be what I need to do to Sarah's to keep it out of her face.

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...