I think this year is a little confusing with St. Patrick's Day and Easter being so close together, I think I even saw Easter eggs decorated with shamrocks today! Ya hafta love the commercialism of it all!
Saturday was Quinton's first ever official Easter egg hunt! A local high-end retail plaza around the corner from us hosted the egg hunt at 8:30 am on Saturday! It was pretty cold but for Quinton's age group, they had the hunt indoors. This being Quinton's first hunt, I was worried about whether or not I had adequately prepared him. I read on a friend's blog that she had prepped her 2-year old by hiding eggs in the house and then letting her find them. Quinton and I hadn't really practised for this event and I was nervous!
No Worries!
Quinton is a natural in the art of hunting eggs and taking out the competition! Just kidding, he didn't take any other kids out but he did wag his finger with a severe, "No, no, no" at a little girl he caught trying to touch his basket of eggs! Quinton was one of the first kids off the line and immediately found a stockpile of eggs and loaded up. He did a great job of sharing, too, surprisingly enough! One kid's egg fell out and he didn't notice. When Quinton picked up the egg, I thought he would put it in his own basket (cause that's what I would do) but he ran over the kid and put it into his basket. Nice, huh?
It was a fun morning. We topped it off with a shy hello to an Easter bunny character and a yummy bagel from Panera. Matt was out riding his bike with a guy from church. He's trying to get back into a training routine for his triathlons.
Saturday night, we invited some old friends and new ones over for dinner. It was warm enough outside to cook a pork tenderloin on the grill, which came out perfect! And my friend Rebekeh (aka my twin) made these super-delish St. Patrick's cupcakes (here's the recipe link). It was a great time. Here is a picture of me and Rebekeh:
And one of her daughter, Miss M and Quinton:
Well, I had better get back to Quinton, I think I just saw a naked bum streak past me!
5 comments:
shamrock easter eggs!?! WOW. I wish they could spread it out some...
Fun pictures! Thanks for the FUN night!
Sounds like you had a FUN easter egg hunt already this year! I LOVE the part when Quinton picks up the other kid's easter egg and gives it back. What a STUD!!
I'm glad he was a natural at finding easter eggs! You must have taught him something right..how cute is he, picking up other child's egg and giving it back!
I'm NOT envious of your cold weather. I'm enjoying our lovely weather here in TX!! (for now)
It's so cool to see two of my favorite families together again!!! Hope you're enjoying being back in Chi-town!
That is funny what you said about practicing finding eggs. I remember that we did that with Andrew the Easter he was two. We didn't do it with Sarah this year though
Post a Comment