Well, I don't really have a clue what Diaper Diaries Day # it is because I had to take down my calendar that I used for counting...we had an open house on Sunday and the
calendar wasn't right for "staging" purposes. We actually neded up putting away a lot of our stuff and taking down pictures to stage the house just right. We are really hoping to sell the house soon!


calendar wasn't right for "staging" purposes. We actually neded up putting away a lot of our stuff and taking down pictures to stage the house just right. We are really hoping to sell the house soon!I have to say that Matt worked like a dog on Saturday to prep for the open house. I had a two-page legal pad-length laundry list of "honey-dos" for both of us to do. Matt scrubbed, spackled, vacuumed and anything else I could think of to make the place look tip top! It all paid off on Sunday when our realtor told us that our house looked like it had been professionally staged! The hardest part of it? KEEPING it looking like this! I had a realtor call tonight, 15 minutes before Quinton and I were meeting friends for dinner, and the race was on to have the house spic and span again!
If any of you have ever had your house on the market, you know exactly what I am talking about when I say it's a MAD DASH to spruce up the house. Now, add in the antics of an appropriately active two-year old and it's a scary recipe! I was SO close to being done and still making it to dinner on time when I hear the clink, clink, clink of coins. Unfortunately for me, Quinton was not dropping the coins into his beloved piggy bank, but the air intake slots to our rather expensive vacuum! Ugh! Vacuuming was all I had left to do, too! In the midst of shaking the vacuum rather violently to get the coins out, Matt calls from Ft. Lauderdale to check in. I accidentally hung up on Matt when I was shaking the heavy vacuum over my head and dropped the phone. Miracle of all miracles, I was able to shake all 16 coins out of the vacuum without having to perform major surgery. I was only a few minutes late for dinner, where Quinton and his partner-in-crime Jack wreaked HAVOC on our meal. Of course it was ME, not Quinton or Jack, who ended spilling my drink all over the table (thank you, Tonya, for saving my digital camera)...but it had to be someone, right?
Dinner tonight was with my two neighbor friends whose husbands are out of town, too. On Tuesday nights that our collective husbands are out of town, we like to go out to dinner with the kids to have one night where we don't have serve PB&J for the kids and Lean Cuisines for ourselves! So there we are, 3 adults whose sanity is questionable for taking a total of 5 kids (three 2 year olds, a 4 year old and a 7 year old) out to dinner at a respectable establishment. I know I ended up throwing in a little extra tip for the fact that the server was going to have to wash the mini-blind pulls behind our booth because Quinton and Jack were spitting them out of their mouths. Ewwwwww, right!?!

All in all, a normal night for us three mommies!
Matt and I are excited as our move approaches but we are also pretty sad. We lived here about as long as we did in Phoenix and this move seems so much harder. We put down a lot more roots here in Tulsa, admittedly, but it's also the people we have had the opportunity to know. Our neighbors, friends from church and Matt's colleagues have been huge blessings in our lives these past 20 months! Just like in Salt Lake, Phoenix and Chicago, previously, we are thankful for everyone's friendship.

Onward and upward, right?!
4 comments:
Stacey, we're really excited you guys are moving back to Chicago! We'll see you soon. Good luck keeping the house clean... :)
You summed things up perfectly! That poor waitress!!! I have said it so much lately, but we are going to miss you guys so much! You are the best neighbors we have ever had! We wish you the very best in Chicago and wherever God send you after that (hopefully back to Tulsa)! :)
Stacy,
I love your diaper diaries. Too cute!
I was sad to see you leave Oklahoma, but I feel very blessed to have gotten to know you for the short tome you were here. Your family is so sweet and we will miss you tons!
Alyssa was so excited she got to say good bye to Quinton on Sunday. She told me all about it after Nursery.
Keep in touch.
Shana
Post a Comment