Monday, January 21, 2008

Winter Blues

Diaper Diaries
Day #853

What a week we had! I am so glad today is Monday and another week has started so we can put last week behind us! Both Quinton and I came down with textbook cases of the flu! Fever, throwing up and other nice effects that a lady doesn't discuss. Needless to say we are still enjoying toast, chicken noodle soup and clear liquids, STILL. Just to illustrate how pathetic we were, here is a picture of Quinton with a damp washcloth on his forehead. He fell asleep watching CARS with it on.
In other news, our move date is scheduled for Valentine's weekend! I previously posted, on accident, that we would be moving in November but that was a Freudian slip on my part not wanting to leave Tulsa anytime soon. We are excited for the adventure of Chicago and hanging out with our friends, there. It's been a little over 3 years since we left Chicago and we are excited that so many of our friends still live in the same area.

Matt is in Las Vegas this week for a big trade show his company goes to ever year: The World of Concrete. Sounds very exciting, huh? Too bad Quinton and I couldn't go! I've only been to Las Vegas a couple of times and most of those were on impulsive road trips in college but with the move so close, it's better for Quinton and me to hang out at home and sift through all of our junk. It's a shame it's so cold outside, I really need to have a yard sale!

Quinton is a fun kid now at 28 months old. He is speaking clearer and his vocabulary is expanding. One of his favorite things to do is find pairs of things and say that one of the pair is a mommy and the other is a baby. I don't know where this fascination comes from but it's cute to watch and play along. Quinton also loves trains. We have a generic train set for him since he doesn't watch Thomas the Train and he loves it. He and Matt like to make elaborate train track configurations..actually Matt loves making the tracks elaborate and Quinton likes to break it down.
Quinton, Matt and I enjoyed lunch together last week and as Quinton sat on Matt's lap, I couldn't help but notice how much Quinton and Matt look alike. They have the same hair color, the same facial features (although Quinton does have my nose) and it made me hope that if we have a little girl, someday, she favors me like Quinton looks like his daddy. I can hope, right?

Well, off to clean before a realtor calls!

4 comments:

Beckie said...

That is such a SAD picture! I hope that you are now all better!
I am SO excited for you to be here SOON!!!

Crystal said...

Oo, how sad! He looks totally miserable, poor thing! I hope you two start feeling better! Good luck with getting everything taken care of for the big move!

Tonya said...

I have enjoyed reading some of your blogs! Love the pictures! I am sad so that you guys are moving next month! We are going to miss you so much! Going to the park just won't be the same!

Matt said...

I'm so glad you guys are moving our direction soon! Maybe our little guys will be able to play together (and our sons, too)!
-Amy Lozier

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...