Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Vaminos Quinton!

Diaper Diaries
Day #663

What a day for the record books for Quinton!

We had a great time, today, thanks to our friend Erin who called us a couple of weeks ago to see if we wanted to go see the Go Diego Go! live show with her and her son Andrew (4). I was more than a little skeptical at first...a REAL hour and a half show, not a 30 minute cartoon...was Quinton ready for this step???

Not only was Quinton ready, today, but he had a blast! He was wiggling in his seat to the music and for the first half of the show, his eyes NEVER left the stage. An observer of Quinton and me might say that I was having fun, too, but then, I was just trying to make it a great experience for Quinton. *ahem* What adult would enjoy watching Diego and Dora dancing around on stage talking to animals?


Matt and I have also decided it should be illegal just how cute Quinton is these days! In preparation for Quinton's big show today, I'd bought him a 'Diego' backpack. So when Matt came home from work tonight, Quinton was showing Matt what all was in his backpack from the show. Matt put the backpack on Quinton and Quinton kept trying to see it on his back! He was so funny. Then, when we took it off of him, Quinton kept trying to say backpack and was pretty close to saying the full word!

Quinton is really trying to be a chatterbox these days. Everyday, I'll find in the course of talking, Quinton will pick a word and try to repeat it. Words like tie, potty (which he says pot-pot), cat, car, truck, slide, please, outside and a few others but what is perplexing to Matt and me is that Quinton will let us know when he wants more milk/juice in his sippy by saying "pih-uh"...I know, very odd, but Quinton thinks this is the name for milk/juice just as sure as you and I know it's not!

The sad part about all of this is it means Quinton is growing up. Monday was his 22-month birthday making his 2nd birthday that much closer. Matt and I have both noticed that Quinton is growing up too fast for our comfort, but I know every parent must say the same thing about their kids growing up, too.

We found out tonight, too, that our good friends from Chicago, now living in Utah, Mariah & Evan just had their baby girl! We are very excited for them and hope to see them in Utah in August.

The Tulsa weather has finally calmed down a bit. Today was one of the first days I can remember where we had no rain in our area...that's a big deal since it seems like it's been raining non-stop for two months!

We wish all of you the best!

No comments:

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...