
Diaper Diaries
Day #655 and a half!
If Noah and his ark were here, they would have been able to set sail by now! It continues to rain here in Tulsa. We had two days in a row of sunshine and then wham, this morning it was clouds and rain again. Plus, with so many of the house lots near us already finished, Quinton's supply of mud is quickly diminishing. What's a poor kid to do to drive his mom batty? That's the question I'm sure he asks himself every waking minute of the day!
Fourth of July week was busy but at least Matt was IN town! As I write, he is sleeping soundly in a hotel somewhere in Canada. At least this time he remembered his passport! Matt was supposed to fly out to Canada (I'm not sure exactly which city) on Monday evening but his flight was canceled because of bad weather in Chicago, so he left very early this morning and arrived safely in time for any myriad of meetings talking about tools and blah, blah, blah. It's exciting, I'm sure.
We spent the Fourth of July in the yard - actually Matt and Quinton worked in the yard while I enjoyed my favorite patriotic past time of shopping the holiday sales! Later in the afternoon, we attended a fun BBQ at our friends parent's house. The parents, Mary and George, have a lovely property with a great big pond. They used to have a pet alligator in it but the alligator died - they keep him frozen in the garage deep freezer until the taxidermist is ready for him...fun, huh? 

The kids had a great time with the slip N' slide. it was Quinton's first time on one and he was pretty cautious, preferring to watch from the pool part of the slip N' slide. When it came time for fireworks, Quinton was pretty cautious about those, too. He preferred to watch them from the comfort of my lap or Matt's, which was fine with me! We had a great day with friends and watching fireworks!
Saturday, we were all supposed to go to Oklahoma City but Quinton woke up Saturday morning sick - poor kid. So he and I just took it easy at home. When it is not raining outside, it heats up pretty fast. We much prefer the air conditioned confines of the house on a day when Quinton's not feeling well. We played lots of games and watched of few of his favorite movies.

Not too much exciting going on in our neck of the woods. Plus, it's after midnight, so I had better hit the sack!
1 comment:
how fun! Little Q is just so so cute!
I love this blog stuff so we can keep up with each other.
Coming to Chicago any time soon??
Post a Comment