Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Three Princes

When Matt was still here, we would take turns telling mythical tales of The Three Princes.  These princes lived with King Matthew and Queen Stacy in a castle far, far away (does royalty live anywhere else?).  Prince Quinton is very cunning with his bow and arrow skills; Prince Sawyer is on his way to be one of the kingdom's top swordsmen; and Prince Gavin is an excellent marksman with his simple slingshot...give him a pebble and he can catch you a good rabbit for dinner!

I love these stories.
The boys love these stories.
No story is ever the same because I make them up on the spot.
King Matt is alive in these stories, adventuring with his princes, teaching them lessons about kindness, generosity and everything that made their dad the man I am proud to call my husband.

On the outside, 2 years, 4 months and 6 days may seem like a long time...but Matt is constantly on my mind and in my heart.  So I make up these stories to bridge the gap from Matt being alive to him being gone.

Whatever you do with your family, make it worthwhile.  Not every moment has to be a golden moment because sometimes life just sucks...but please, realize how blessed you are and give thanks for those blessings.

Love,
Queen Stacy

No comments:

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...