Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Best $8 We've Spent In A Loooooooong Time!

The first time I went over to our friends, the Bryan's house, their kids were playing with plastic party cups. I thought it was so odd but after awhile, even I wanted to stack them and knock them down.


So last Saturday, I ran into Sam's club for a few things and whaddya know, I walked past the brightly colored plastic cups. They were a little under $8 for a pack of 140 cups and I almost didn't buy them but I remembered how much fun we had at the Bryans', so I made the $8 investment into what Quinton has called "the best toys EVER!"

Exhibit A:

And we ALL knew exactly who would have the most fun knocking our pyramids down!

We affectionately call him, "Sawyer the Destroyer!"
Tadaaaaaa!

First thing Sunday morning, Matt and Quinton got down to business before Sawyer woke up...
Amazing, isn't it?

And on Monday....


I love this action shot!

So save yourself some serious money and buys plastic cups for the kids! I guarantee it'll be hours of build 'em up and knock 'em down fun!!!

5 comments:

Tonya said...

LOL! I'm sooo doing this! Going to Sam's on Friday! Gonna add these to my list! :)

Kara and Theo said...

That does look like lots of fun! Were these just regular Dixie brand cups, or are they more durable? I'm loving the colors to!

Sarah S said...

Great idea!! I am totally picking up some plastic cups and trying this with Eli... he is really into building things and this will be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Beckie said...

I LOVE those bright colored ones! I see them, and I want them every time. But we have a big bag of red ones right now.,.. BUT now I can totally justify getting the pretty fun colors!!! Awesome fun!!

melissa walker said...

If it keeps them busy, it's a good investment! and $8 is a lot less than I've paid for that business! (And on a side note, the Fryers just moved into our ward)

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...