Without participating in Black Friday shopping this year, I have been a little lost in my Christmas shopping endeavors. I have a hard time buying stuff that I know was even cheaper two weeks ago at 4 in the the morning!
Yesterday, however, I ventured out WITH Quinton and bought a few goodies to go under the tree for said shopping companion. It wasn't easy hiding the stuff in the shopping cart and I had to pretend, at one point, that the toy underneath the cart must have been left there by the last person and that I would put it back.
So later at home, while Quinton was watching TV, I wrapped his goodies. Quinton came along just as I finished wrapping one of the presents and saw the three other wrapped gifts nearby. He asked if he could open them and I said, "No, those are for Christmas. You can open them on Christmas day." Quinton's response, "Mom, it's Christmas! Now, can I open them?"
Now here is where the pattern comes in and our conversation this morning:
Q: Mom, I have to go potty. Are you coming?
Me: No, you can go by yourself.
Q: Mooooom, come with ME!
So I walk with him to the bathroom.
On the way to the bathroom, he sees the presents under the tree and is reminded, AGAIN, about wanting to open them.
Q: Mom, can I open my presents?
Me: No, it's not Christmas yet. When it's Christmas day you can open them.
Q: (from the bathroom) Mom, it's Christmas! Now can I open them?
Me: Quinton, we have to wait until Santa comes on Christmas day.
Q: Mooooom, can you get with it? (seriously, he said this)
Me: You have to wait until Christmas day!
Q: You're not my friend.
So there it is. I am sure we will have this conversation at least 10 times a day for the next 10 days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy 45th Birthday!
Dear Matt, Happy 45 th Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...
-
Poor Quinton made the gruesome discovery this morning! As Quinton and Miss M stepped out of the car this morning for preschool, I was hurryi...
-
One of my friends said her son woke up this morning at 5 am, looked out the window and was BEGGING to go outside and play in this: Our firs...
-
Yes, I know I should patent this idea since it worked SO WELL for me, but here goes: Pink Pullups for Boys That's my secret. Pink Pullu...
3 comments:
He he! I love it! I have gotten to the point where there are no presents under the tree until Christmas morn because I don't wan to hear it! Maybe you should make one of those count down chains so he can see it.
Those conversations are so funny!! But I know they get old fast. Eli says every morning, "Santa's not coming today." I say, "Yep, he's coming next week......" and we get excited.
The Little Einstein's post is funny! That is one of Eli's favorite shows. But don't let Q call Eli a baby or he'll blow up at you! ("I'm a BIG BOY")
cute conversation! It kinda reminds me of the books, "if you give a mouse a cookie" they way he sees something and wants it, and then brings everything right back to those presents under the tree! CUTE CUTE CUTE!
Post a Comment