Monday, July 27, 2009

A Good Hero Day for Dad!

Yesterday was a banner day for Matt being our hero!
Not only did he drive the majority of the 875 miles from Sidney, Nebraska to our house because I was pretty sick with a head cold, but he performed several heroic feats for Quinton and me!
In addition to his mad long-distance driving skills, Matt walked on top of the monkey bar rails at a rest stop playground that were about 15 feet high. Quinton was SUPER impressed by Matt's balancing skills!
Then, when we arrived home after a LONG day in the car, Quinton and I went into the bathroom only to find a freaky cricket on steroids in the tub! Yikes! Even though he was tired, Matt whipped out the Kirby and sucked that cricket goodbye! That's some nerves of steel!
Then, even though it was after midnight, Matt wanted to show Quinton what he'd worked on while we were out of town.
Now, I don't know what dad wouldn't love for their little boy to ride around the neighborhood on a Barbie four wheeler (which was FREE) but I know Matt might have been a wee bit embarassed.
Here is the before picture:

And VOILA!

Leave Matt alone for the week and this is what Quinton came home to!

Matt has some crazy art skills, apparently, too!

The only down side is that Quinton wants his "new" four wheeler to transform!

6 comments:

Joe V. said...

That is awesome. What an act of love. Go Dad!

Beckie said...

WOO TO THE HOO!!!
that is pretty dang awesome! What a great surprise!

welcome back.

ps I am house sitting at the myers so we are practically neighbors ;)

Tiffany said...

Matt rocks the kasbah!

Leann Jester said...

Great Job Matt!

Unknown said...

Awesome!!!!

Liz said...

I think that Matt could consider a new line of work, that looks great!

Happy 45th Birthday!

Dear Matt, Happy 45 th  Birthday! You are still missed and loved dearly. I would like to think this is when your mid-life crisis should...